MISC Fury is something small

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
The size looks like it could be around the same as a Razor (shown on a similar stand in the background), although it does appear narrower:

There is the possibility that it could be this (From the March "monthly report"):
The greybox for a new vehicle approached completion. Some unique maneuvering components were heavily detailed, including the front housings and suspension system. The seat enter-exit mechanism was fleshed out, while the front and rear doors were adjusted to prevent clipping and create a tight seal when closed.
If so, having "maneuvering components" beyond simple suspension would suggest a possible hybrid ship\ground vehicle, which could be interesting.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The size looks like it could be around the same as a Razor (shown on a similar stand in the background), although it does appear narrower:

There is the possibility that it could be this (From the March "monthly report"):

If so, having "maneuvering components" beyond simple suspension would suggest a possible hybrid ship\ground vehicle, which could be interesting.
" including the front housings and suspension system "

That means wheels, so its a ground vehicle unless that is referencing landing gear.

Reactions: Bambooza

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I don't think it will be a ground vehicle because that would be downstairs with other ground vehicles.

That said, I have been noticing a distinct lack of new ships lately. A couple of years ago, it was a new ship every 2 months or so, now it's just a new sale for existing ships every month and nothing new.
I am wondering if they think they have enough ships and they just want people to buy existing ships from now on.

PlayWithMeOrDie

Commander
Apr 7, 2023
RSI Handle
Iegatus
I don't think it will be a ground vehicle because that would be downstairs with other ground vehicles.

That said, I have been noticing a distinct lack of new ships lately. A couple of years ago, it was a new ship every 2 months or so, now it's just a new sale for existing ships every month and nothing new.
I am wondering if they think they have enough ships and they just want people to buy existing ships from now on.
But ships are money-makers. I think they’re just overwhelmed lol.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone

Agreed, there has definitely been a slowdown in new concepts. Maybe the evil MBA's in marketing have optimized the timing for one of their all-powerful charts?

Wasn't there personally, but one of the comments reported from the dev presence at Con42 indicated that they intend to continue creating new ships for the life of the game.

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
Agreed, there has definitely been a slowdown in new concepts. Maybe the evil MBA's in marketing have optimized the timing for one of their all-powerful charts?

Wasn't there personally, but one of the comments reported from the dev presence at Con42 indicated that they intend to continue creating new ships for the life of the game.
I remember years ago Ben and CR both stated that they would continue to sell new ships after launch and with the IAE and and Invictus now part of in game lore I would expect ship sale events to continue as CR stated that they would use something similar to a World of Tanks business model.

Reactions: Ayeteeone

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
Well they have over 30 ships and vehicles in the matrix to make, so maybe your right.
And they have to bring most ships up to current gold standard, also they have put 7 artist on a single ship the Polaris where after the Carrack they stated there would only be 2 per ship due to mistakes that delayed it because of lack of communication.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
CR stated that they would use something similar to a World of Tanks business model.
That statement scares me... The World of Tanks business model revolves around releasing progressivly more OP vehicles, to "force" people to have to buy them to remain competetive (I've been playing that game on-and-off since near the end of open beta).

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
That statement scares me... The World of Tanks business model revolves around releasing progressivly more OP vehicles, to "force" people to have to buy them to remain competetive (I've been playing that game on-and-off since near the end of open beta).
It is possible that there is a power creep most games end up with it. And given SC funding will continue to come from sales of something it's entirely possible to end up with such a scenario as world of tanks.

I have to say CIG has gotten themselves into a sticky situation with ship sales as it's their current funding model as well as a source of great tech debt. Every ship currently in game needs a great deal of rework and the backlog of ships that need to be modeled is large as well and would take years to complete which has become a point of contention in the community. Especially when newer announced ships get added to the game while old concepts remain that.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Good point on it being downstairs... Perhaps it's a Snub/Parasite?

Forgot your password?