Mobile Alerts are Now In! (Pushbullet / Pushover)

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404

PushBullet and Pushover are both Android/iOS/Chrome/etc. applications that unify notifications of all your devices. It is extremely useful, and PushBullet recently integrated a featured that allows you to reply to SMS from your computer!

I received some requests of having mobile alerts for our forums and integrated the feature. To set up follow these simple directions! I am choosing Pushbullet as it is much more used and supported than Pushover. For those already w/ Pushbullet/Pushover account skip to the Step #3

1) Register on Pushbullet! Link: http://pushbullet.com

2) After registering, navigate to your "Devices" tab to install Pushbullet to your devices (eg. I have Pushbullet installed on Chrome and my two Android devices).

3) Associate TEST Squadron account with Pushbullet. Navigate to https://testsquadron.com/account/external-accounts

4) Click Approve! (Ignore the funky looking logo!)

5) Choose which type of alerts you want to get pushed and click Save!

6) Congrats now you can receive live alerts on your phone, chrome browser, different computer, or a combination of all!

Last edited:

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
You put the bacon all AROUND the button you're supposed to press... what a fail... sigh, took me so long before I figured out I had to press the button to progress.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
I'll totally set this up when I get a new phone that doesn't already die from simply receiving a text message xD

Reactions: UnderSc0re

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Installation successful, now I can have K-pop and hamsters delivered to my phone at anytime.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
Installation pending, wife still assaults on twitter notifications, head might not handle further instigation

Nutjob

Grand Admiral
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Nutjob_Ita
Installation successful, now waiting for notification onslaught and elimination of pushbullet from any device i currently own in the next 5 minutes.

vernes

Vice Admiral
Jul 20, 2014
RSI Handle
vernes
The cascade of hamsters is unrelenting, flying to Melmac to buy a cat-fueled propulsion drive and have it retrofitted for hamsters.
Scanners show puzzled pirates following my trail of dumped hamsters.
Please advice.

Reactions: Zull Reicher

JaqHass

Captain
Donor
Apr 17, 2015
RSI Handle
JaqHass
What the hell is this crap? Not gonna fly bro! Some ppl still value what little privacy they have left.

When i'm old and grey small children might ask what privacy is. Imma say, that's something you'l never have.

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Is there way to broadcast to all TEST members? EG: some orgs launches massive assault on TEST, we can quickly get the fleet online
Title a post "FREE BEER INSIDE" and link to it in chat on DISCORD. Word should get out pretty quick.

Reactions: thedeadlybutter

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
does not work. when i go to external accounts there is only steam. no pushbullet. cant link it with testsqadron website.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?