Movie Recomendation - Infini

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Just watched an Australian sci-fi flick called Inifni that I happened across on the Youtubes, original story, fantastic acting, solid effects, great sets.

I had not heard of this one but I recommend it, since I think it captures some of the feel I hope exploration, first contact and unexpected environments that I am hoping to encounter as we begin to get more of the universe opened up to us.

'Gimp

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I'm hoping for a more Event Horizon experience. Or Silent Running.

But will give this a gander.
Infini was a pretty good movie. I liked it at least. That makes me want to create a list of good, but off the beaten path sci fi..

Sunshine (2007)
Space Battleship Yamato (2010, live action english dub on Amazon)
The Black Hole (1979)
Dune (the 2000 miniseries version)
The Last Starfighter (1984)
Battle Beyond the Stars (1980)
Ice Pirates (1984)

Those are in no particular order. And yes, some of those are dredged up from my childhood. They are all good and even the older ones are amazing if you can get past the vintage special effects.

Reactions: Sportsvee

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
The live action Yamato was absolutely beautiful and I hope capital engagements are somewhere between that and Yamato 2199 (animated) which had some really impressive battles in it as well (the shield missiles were exceptionally well done I thought).

I too like Black Hole, Last Starfighter, Battle Beyond the Stars and I love Ice Pirates - I would toss Star Trek the Motion Picture in there as well - I think it gets a lot more grief than it deserves - it had some outstanding visuals and sound design.

Good list!

'Gimp

Reactions: Sportsvee
Forgot your password?