Multi-Orgs

Corwin

Captain
Nov 4, 2013
RSI Handle
wolfpup118
So, I checked everywhere and couldn't find any sort of official announcement or rules for joining other orgs. Does this mean I can go be a SPAI and dest... I mean "aid" other orgs without restriction?

Reactions: McJib

deathstrike

Vice Admiral
Donor
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
deathstrike
Yea my main org is LAMP and I assumed TEST was cool with multiorg too since I saw nothing about restrictions when i looked through the site and the subreddit.

ROBINSON

Grand Admiral
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
R0BINS0N
It will all depend on how an organization works in game, you have to assume the organization will be able to own assets in various forms. Will someone who has TEST as secondary org be able to access all the same assets if they are handed power ever meant or by dirty dealings?

Perhaps that is the simple fix here, no one who has an org as secondary are able to hold any positions of power within the main Orgs structure, in turn ownership of the assets for the main org will only be accessible by someone who has 1. TEST as main org 2. Given the role.

It would mean for someone setting their Org main to us when it was originally a secondary then there must be some sort of vetting for that org to say 'yes or no' to that player setting us as their main Org.

I personally think the bigger Org's will do away with secondary/casual linked Orgs due to security and risk unless there is clad-iron protection put in. I am mainly thinking of the way EVE was/is with espionage, I am not saying I am against it - if anything I am for it as it adds a cool dynamic in my view. I am just against making it easier for would be Spy's.

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
I am mainly thinking of the way EVE was/is with espionage, I am not saying I am against it - if anything I am for it as it adds a cool dynamic in my view. I am just against making it easier for would be Spy's.
Indeed, wondering if we'll be starting up an Intel division.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
It would mean for someone setting their Org main to us when it was originally a secondary then there must be some sort of vetting for that org to say 'yes or no' to that player setting us as their main Org.
This org system took away any sense of exclusivity, you can join 9 other orgs and make them invisible if you want.

You can also switch around who you want to be your primary, which totally bypasses a lot of the checks that some orgs work so hard on doing.

Basically this is one big open party with no barriers of entry unless you want to simply shut down accepting new members.

Miette

Lieutenant
May 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Miette
Well I sure hope TEST is multi org friendly, at least until revisions make multiple orgs more functional or something. We need real friends lists, for one, that'll get rid of a lot of random multi-org'ing.

Forgot your password?