Mumble install

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hi TESTies!

Mumble is a very lightweight and easy to use client that allows us to chat to each other.

We think your voice is sexy and deserves to be heard!

Installation is very straight forward, we even made our own custom skin, so hit that link below and try it out!

Here is a video from RussianJ on installing mumble so you too can be cool!

Please be sure to follow the additional instructions below this video!

Mumble download link:
- http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Installing_Mumble

TEST skin:
- http://testsquadron.com/mumble/test_theme.rar

Server: mumble.testsquadron.com
Port: 64738

WAIT! YOU ARE NOT DONE YET!

Additional instructions:

Disable text-to-speech:
- Configure > Text-To-Speech -> uncheck that, otherwise it reads out everything people type!

Enable push to talk!
- Configure > Settings > Audio Input - Transmit (drop down menu, choose Push To Talk)
Now you need to assign a key, most people use mouse button 3,4 or 5. Others prefer a relatively unused keyboard button, its up to you, but for the love of Christ Roberts, use PTT or we will boot you off the channel!

Too many beeping sounds? Disable some:
- Configure > Messages > Disable or Enable what you want to hear notifications for

Install the skin:
- Unrar, install to a directory
- In Mumble, click Configure > Settings > User Interface - Skin - browse to test_theme - look for TESTskin.qss, or TESTskin-bog.qss for no background image if you prefer that.

If you did everything right, you will end up with something like this:

Amazing! Right?

Once you get into the lobby, you will need to be registered by a mod. Send a PM to a mod if they do not see you there. After being registered you will have access to the rooms.

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
thanks, Fearless Leader and RussianJ!

Reactions: Annitias

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
The chat in that pic is incriminating...

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
May I ask why? I have a lot of TS servers on favorites and now need to switch to Mumble for just TEST. I DON'T WANNA! but I will of course

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
May I ask why? I have a lot of TS servers on favorites and now need to switch to Mumble for just TEST. I DON'T WANNA! but I will of course
Because.....<mumbles incoherently>

Last edited:

Atriden

Captain
Aug 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Atriden
Hi Guys. I am not able to enter the mumble server. It says " wrong certificate or password ". Any ideas what to do?

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
I keep getting an error page every time I try to log on.
The link it gives me https://testsquadron.com/forums/mumble.67/

[edit] Just so you know whats up. It worked for about 3 minutes I updated Mumble and since then nothing. It refuses to work even with a complete erase and reinstall. Mumble works, but I cannot get the skin to load. could I get the mumble address and password please.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?