Mustang Alpha loadout

Max Caliber

Commander
Nov 2, 2018
RSI Handle
Max Caliber
Hello TEST members. I'm new to the game and am starting out with the Mustang Alpha. I'm currently playing on the PTU server so I'm referencing the Mustang redesign version. I was wondering if anyone knew of a guide that specified what type of gear the ship will accept size wize. Like when I'm in a shop looking and coolers, weapons, shields and so on, they have a size and grade, but I can't see anything that tells me if it will be compatible with my ship. Or will only gear display for the ship I have selected?

Thanks for the feedback!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Nose turret is 2x S2, wing mounts 2x S1. I prefer similar loadout to maximize damage, similar projectile speed and get a close as possible pip. that gives you a few options:
  • laser repeaters: S1 CF-117 Bulldog + S2 CF-227 Badger. You need a strong powerplant when using laser repeaters. Spray guns which must grind down shield first before doing hull damage
  • Ballistic cannon: S1 9-series Longsword + S2 10-series Greatsword
  • Laser cannon:
    • S1 Omnisky III + S2 Omnisky VI
    • S1 NN-13 Neutron + S2 NN-14 Neutron
    • S1 M3A + S2 M4A
  • Ballistic gatling: S1 GT-210 + S2 GT215
Personally I prefer the Omniskys.

For gear you have:
  • 1x S powerplant
  • 2x S coolers
  • 2x S shield generators
Powerplant: Starheart
Cooler: Endo
Shield generators: Targa

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
When you're in game you can also use mobiglass, click on ship icon down to left then in upper right chose the mustang and on the left column it'll list all what's on the mustang.
Clicking on one of the mounted weapon, missile or other gear will give you a description under the 3D ship what it is size grade etc....

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
Guys... why i have another ship in the PTU ? i thought all ships were available but i just have my cutlass, my sabre and a C.O. Weird thing that looks like the ship marcsand2 has in his tag... is that a way to promote the ship?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Guys... why i have another ship in the PTU ? i thought all ships were available but i just have my cutlass, my sabre and a C.O. Weird thing that looks like the ship marcsand2 has in his tag... is that a way to promote the ship?
Are there rockets on your promotional Mustang? Probably you got a promotional Mustang Alpha Vindicator.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
My experience in the PTU has been that very early in, in the early Waves, they give you all the ships (or a very wide variety), especially the ships they want you to test. Then, as they get close to ending the PTU and releasing it to the PU, they cut back and only give you the ships you really own.

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
well i didn't saw missiles... but they give me the ship, but will remove it from me when they release, so no point on spending time on that ship, need to master my sabre so i can fack anyone (: and i copied my account to the PTU just yesterday so i guess.. i'm fack, no other ships for me XD

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
well i didn't saw missiles... but they give me the ship, but will remove it from me when they release, so no point on spending time on that ship, need to master my sabre so i can fack anyone (: and i copied my account to the PTU just yesterday so i guess.. i'm fack, no other ships for me XD
At this time in SC it is pointless putting time and energy on LoL master your ship skill, for 3.3.5 or 3.4 the new flight model drop and most you learn about how to fly your ship will not help you one bit, you need to learn it all over again... : - p

Then
Only reason there is other ships than you bought for real money in PTU is they need to be testes got nothing to do with promotion and if they think it's been tested enough they take it away again.
Alternative some PTU test ship stay during PTU and when patch goes live they are removed and you only have what you payed for in Live PU.

During PTU you can have a lot a stuff you normally don't have in a live PU patch, more/less money, ships, vehicles, gears etc.. etc... etc.... all depend on what they want tested.

So test it and report problems at issue council if you find any or verify a exiting report of same problem that's what PTU is for.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
but they give me the ship, but will remove it from me when they release, so no point on spending time on that ship, need to master my sabre so i can fack anyone
OK.... so they give you a light agile ship (freighter, not even fighter) with 2x S1 and 2x S2 guns, not worth flying it while an OP Stealth Fighter with 4x S3 guns and a load of missiles has to be mastered...

If you manage to fight in a light ship where you actually have to evade incoming fire and put a lot of fire on your target to grind down its shields and do damage, then you learned to fight.
If you mastered your OP stealth fighter, where you only have to aim and shoot, then you don't know what to do when shit hits the fan.

At this time in SC it is pointless putting time and energy on LoL master your ship skill, for 3.3.5 or 3.4 the new flight model drop and most you learn about how to fly your ship will not help you one bit, you need to learn it all over again... : - p
Well... you keep learning, learning to adapt, nothing wrong with that 🍻

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
OK.... so they give you a light agile ship (freighter, not even fighter) with 2x S1 and 2x S2 guns, not worth flying it while an OP Stealth Fighter with 4x S3 guns and a load of missiles has to be mastered...

If you manage to fight in a light ship where you actually have to evade incoming fire and put a lot of fire on your target to grind down its shields and do damage, then you learned to fight.
If you mastered your OP stealth fighter, where you only have to aim and shoot, then you don't know what to do when shit hits the fan.
Well, the true is that is not that OP, it have a HUGE disadvantage, the S3 Panthers lasers, are not gimbals, they are statics and ship agility is not that awesome (like the gladius) to maintain the target on the reticle, i kill enemies faster with the cutlass (4x S2 Laser Repeaters OC) than the Sabre (4x S3 Panthers Lasers OC), also, the power plant of the cutlass is bigger, so i can shoot longer enough to take out shields and disable ship, this doesn't happen in the Sabre, at least not without taking energy from rear shield or thrusters ...

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
also, the power plant of the cutlass is bigger, so i can shoot longer enough to take out shields and disable ship, this doesn't happen in the Sabre, at least not without taking energy from rear shield or thrusters ...
Replace the 2 inefficient stealth power plants, the inefficient stealth shield generators and the military coolers by performance components. If you want to use power hungry weapons like overclocked repeaters. then go for performance components with lower power consumption.
All other Small ships must do with 1 power plant. The Cutlass is a Medium ship.

Kaiserz

Commander
Oct 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Kaiserz
Replace the 2 inefficient stealth power plants, the inefficient stealth shield generators and the military coolers by performance components. If you want to use power hungry weapons like overclocked repeaters. then go for performance components with lower power consumption.
All other Small ships must do with 1 power plant. The Cutlass is a Medium ship.
will do that... still i'm not very clear on what to look for when upgrading the components, i mean, the size is clear, but the grade, that's the thing i don't get, i "guess" the ones that are more expensive for the same size, are the best ones i can get, also, what station have the best items, because each one change the items they sell... so i'm still a rookie in this area... haven't being in SC as much as i would like to.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
will do that... still i'm not very clear on what to look for when upgrading the components, i mean, the size is clear, but the grade, that's the thing i don't get, i "guess" the ones that are more expensive for the same size, are the best ones i can get, also, what station have the best items, because each one change the items they sell... so i'm still a rookie in this area... haven't being in SC as much as i would like to.
Long story,
Stats
cooler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SPwKk5FsOH3dyMBIQrELpQRW6f1vzqrbJtMHg_bVZLM/edit#gid=555187609
power: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SPwKk5FsOH3dyMBIQrELpQRW6f1vzqrbJtMHg_bVZLM/edit#gid=1800252486
shield: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SPwKk5FsOH3dyMBIQrELpQRW6f1vzqrbJtMHg_bVZLM/edit#gid=1847518541

Price and location:
https://starcitizen.tools/StarHeart

Short story:
Powerplant: Starheart
Cooler: Endo
Shield generators: Targa
Check why I choose these components in the stats. Performance, power usage, overclock.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Last edited:
Forgot your password?