My thoughts on Mass Effect Andromeda after playing the trial

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
So far I've managed to flirt with every female in the game, and have successfully been rejected by all.
Really?

I play as SisRyder, and have tried to flirt with Vetra (rejected) Suvi (super adorable Sara gushing over her, a bit like Traynor gushing over EDI) and Peebee (meh). I think I'll stick with Suvi for the future.

2 for 3 of F on F flirting... worked?
As for Lexi, I think I said something else ... and didn't get to "flirt"

Last edited:

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I can't agree.
For me, it's the "For Honor" experience happening all over again:
"Yeah, the game has P2P connection in 2017, you can't finish more than 1/5 games because of disconnects, it has microtransactions that are more expensive than the game itself, it's made by Ubisoft - the company with the worst CS in the whole universe. But it's fun. It's just not bad enough to not buy it."
I'm done with that. Me giving EA $60 is saying "look, your animations are shit, but hey! I'm nostalgic for the ME series so here's my money anyway". It's like buying a new car with a huge dent on it but "look how fast it goes".
NO. Stop encouraging half-assed poorly done jobs. Un-shit the animations, finish the game and I'll buy it.

TL;DR: It's like buying a new car with a huge dent on it but "look how fast it goes".

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I can't agree.
For me, it's the "For Honor" experience happening all over again:
"Yeah, the game has P2P connection in 2017, you can't finish more than 1/5 games because of disconnects, it has microtransactions that are more expensive than the game itself, it's made by Ubisoft - the company with the worst CS in the whole universe. But it's fun. It's just not bad enough to not buy it."
I'm done with that. Me giving EA $60 is saying "look, your animations are shit, but hey! I'm nostalgic for the ME series so here's my money anyway". It's like buying a new car with a huge dent on it but "look how fast it goes".
NO. Stop encouraging half-assed poorly done jobs. Un-shit the animations, finish the game and I'll buy it.

TL;DR: It's like buying a new car with a huge dent on it but "look how fast it goes".
This - Cant wait to play it, but i can wait for it to be reasonably priced.

Edit: Or have we just been spoiled by CR's glorious dedication to cause & determination to craft a beautiful game? EA etc are run for profit, quite clearly. CIG, hopefully less so.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
This - Cant wait to play it, but i can wait for it to be reasonably priced.

Edit: Or have we just been spoiled by CR's glorious dedication to cause & determination to craft a beautiful game? EA etc are run for profit, quite clearly. CIG, hopefully less so.
Publishers keep giving us less and less for the $60 standard AAA price because people keep buying their games. Why bother polishing the game if they'll still get the $60 for it?

Reactions: Dragonslaya54

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I'm telling Chris you're shilling for another game and breaking your SC contract.
Snitch.
So far I've managed to flirt with every female in the game, and have successfully been rejected by all.

10/10 IGN would get rejected again.
Well then. I'm not alone.

Reported user for reporting another user and reporting themselves as a way to make up for it.
I'll make a report and file the paper work. Soon.

Ignoring @Montoya and spending $60 on non existent, unplayable, star citizen concept ships.
Concept ships!? Did you say concept ships!?

Reactions: Dragonslaya54

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I actually watched my son play it for a few hours. My console. His game. So I drew the short straw. I think I'll wait a couple of weeks to pick it up used at Gamestop. The "extras" with a lot of these games today has me holding off for full price on release.
Gives me a few dollars more for my monthly donation.

Forgot your password?