Mystery member???

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Got sniped by a douche in an Avenger last night in my Freelancer while landing at Daymar. Guy wasn't the best of shots and after I relaunched, he followed me for a few km. He backed off and as I turned around to get an id, he zoom past me blasting his nose gun hitting my but not piercing my shield. He turns around and zooms past me again. Same results. He stops ahead of me at 16 km or so and waits. I didn't return fire as I had some cargo. And then I thought oh well, what the hell and went after him at 150 and start firing at him. He zooms past me firing like a drunk mad man. But he's going to fast to do anything, but scratch my shields. I spun around as he went past and got some hits in. But again, he's going too fast. He goes about 20 km past me and stops. I came to a full stop and thought just circle as he goes by as this is how he wants to play. But he doesn't do any thing. He just stands there 20 km out. Enough I decide. I'm going home. I select Olisar as a jump point and turn to face it and, yup, he goes zooming by blasting away again with the same results.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Part two: Time to play. I accelerate with boost to 1000 kmh. He doesn't move, just keeps getting farther behind me. I slow down to about 180 anndddd here he comes. Same tactic same result. Rinse and repeat three or four times. This guys gotta be a clown, right. I got his id and go trade the Freelancer for my Sabre. When I launch outta Olisar, There he is in weapons free zone trying to snipe ships approaching Olisar. I had tried numerous times to chat him up asking for a duel, but no response. Since he now has a full outlaw rating, he's far game and he's mine all mine. As I circle him blasting away, he just boosts away from me and attacks a Mustang and then another Avenger trying to land. AI pirates put up a better fight.
I go on RSI site to locate info on him. Here's what I got
His in game name is Monikar. He joined the game early in 2018.

Now here's the mystery part. At least for me it is. On his RSI profile he claims to be a member of, drum roll please, TestSquadron and a main member at that as he has no other membership to any Org. I can't locate him here in the member directory. Any one here know of him?
He should know that we're not suppose to attack other members, unless it's for Test purposes. And either way I'm game. But dude, I suck at space combat and I know not to do it the way you did.

Long story, I know.
I need a beer.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Sounds like you could use a snifter or 2 of good cognac to help ease your stress from that mess. I generally use the rule of thumb that I don't attack other players unless I'm attacked 1st. This being said, I'm always happy to get together with & practice my dog fighting skills with another wonderful TEST member so that we can both get better.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Sounds like you could use a snifter or 2 of good cognac to help ease your stress from that mess. I generally use the rule of thumb that I don't attack other players unless I'm attacked 1st. This being said, I'm always happy to get together with & practice my dog fighting skills with another wonderful TEST member so that we can both get better.
Same here. But if yer gonna start shooting at someone, engage for win or loss. Don't bounce around from target to target, especially if ones that aren't interested. Start a duel, end the duel.
But who is this Monikar guy? That's what I want to know. If he's not in our member list, is he a troll?

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I have no idea who that Monikar person is. I've met several trolls around the Verse though that seem to think it's funny to attack other players that are just minding their own business instead of the NPC pirates. If it was up to me, then once a player reaches full criminal status, should they get killed, their ships would all be impounded until their stats are cleared. I would also make it so that if a player has more than the 2nd strike of criminal status that they have to pay down their status all the way. The higher it goes, the more steep per level to remove. Thus actually making there be actual consequences for being a criminal in the Verse instead of just hanging out at a space station & periodically clicking a button while you wait for free. Or maybe make the player pay a fee at Koreah each time they use the computer to reduce their crime stat.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
People are only in TEST forum/discord if they come join, you'd have better luck going on TESTs Spectrum area as at least you can @Monikar them.

Whether they use Spectrum? thats another question.

EDIT - Looked on Spectrum search, can't find record of any mention of them from other members.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
He should know that we're not suppose to attack other members, unless it's for Test purposes. And either way I'm game. But dude, I suck at space combat and I know not to do it the way you did.
Problem is he's got the same issue you do. Who's in test squadron? We need a way to tell in-game, or go around being always polite just because you can't tell. Only solution we have right now is Discord, but some people can't use SC and Discord at the same time right now.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
We need a way to tell in-game, or go around being always polite just because you can't tell.
I suppose thats the way it works In Real Life... they always were after fidelity.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
People are only in TEST forum/discord if they come join, you'd have better luck going on TESTs Spectrum area as at least you can @Monikar them.

Whether they use Spectrum? thats another question.

EDIT - Looked on Spectrum search, can't find record of any mention of them from other members.
Well, I've looked as far as I can be arsed to, there is only one explanation... SPAI!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Yeah, as @NaffNaffBobFace pointed out, not everyone joins the forums. In fact, only some 6108 out of the 17,000+ members have joined our forum thus far. I'd guess this Monikar, who is Chinese, doesn't have that much interest in conversing in English, which is why they aren't in the forums or didn't reply to you in game. They're obviously new to the game, probably haven't quite internalized the basic etiquette of the Star Citizen community yet and probably joined our org just because we're the largest.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Yeah it's impossible to tell what org you are a part of in the game as of yet which sucks, we have so many now it seems illogical to somehow be able to remember and refrain from attacking other members. Even just a reticle colour change would be enough right now to at least have some indication. I'm not asking for a full blown org system implemented just one simple "yes or no" way of telling us "Is this player in TEST?".

Oh well, good to see there are other players with my skill level I can compete with.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I have an idea for a means to identify other TEST members if CIG would allow or if we are someday able to install Add-Ons like you can in WoW. Change the targeting box to either the TEST logo when it scrolls over a TEST member OR turn it into a stein of beer. Most TEST members would never willingly destroy alcohol by any other means than joyful consumption.

Forgot your password?