Naughtylegs secret code!!!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Just who are these Wild 7's with their secret code???
hmm. It's not a secret code.... it was written back in the 15'th century, by a typesetter who got his hand stuck in his typesetting thingy ... printing press... and got all the letters mixed up. To safe face, he pretended it was a scrambled version of text written by Cicero in "On the End of Good and Evil" that he invented to demonstrate type faces.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
hmm. It's not a secret code.... it was written back in the 15'th century, by a typesetter who got his hand stuck in his typesetting thingy ... printing press... and got all the letters mixed up. To safe face, he pretended it was a scrambled version of text written by Cicero in "On the End of Good and Evil" that he invented to demonstrate type faces.
I did a design course in my earlier years and was aware of it being a nonsense placeholder used by graphic designers, but wasn't aware of its history - many thanks 🙂

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
No, no no. Can't be. That's exactly what my baby niece used to say. She had a secret handshake, too.
You know, NATO pilots had a "secret handshake" too. The fact that everyone knew what it was never really deterred anyone from using it... including the kids I grew up with, or their dad's squadrons. I think we used it until I was 11.

We had a secret challenge/response too, when I was 6. I always got it wrong because I didn't know what a vagina was for, until I was 7. Then we had to stop using the response.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Secret code on the Ageist Naughtylegs page:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do consectetur eiusmod."

View attachment 13619

Just who are these Wild 7's with their secret code???
Wild guess --> the Wild 7's won the tourney, and the software to put that up on the page was already written.

However, the write-up by the marketing people hadn't been written yet, so the programmers just had placeholder text.

So, I'm expecting the real write-up to be put in place any moment now.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm with @Radegast74 in guessing that the Wild 7's won the faction war of minelayer. Otherwise it was a draw & CIG decided to tell both sides that they lost.
As of this moment it's still like it, so must have been a draw. Just CIG's luck, eh? 🙂

Forgot your password?