Need assistance with a Laptop issue

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
So I bought a gaming laptop since I am moving around a lot for the military, and I have had no issues with it. Some reason recently, I've been having many issues with it. When I try to open a steam game it opens random programs after a failed start up, like One drive folder, microsoft edge, or some random myhp page. I was wondering what I could do to track down the issue? I have Norton antivirus, I got rid of mcaffee.

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
((personal opinion)) Get rid of Norton as well....not much better than McAfee.....Download Malewarebytes (can easily get it from ninite.com) and run a malware scan. ((Another personal opinion, take as you will)) if you don't use One Drive, uninstall that as well. I always have had issues with that. Again, just personal opinions. I hope something from this will help. best of luck.

Reactions: Hero9012

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Put ublock origin on your browser, that will protect you on that side of things.

As mentioned above, first make sure you are not being hit with some browser hijack. Where is the page its sending you to? Is Edge browser your default browser?
Sounds like its just taking you to some error page.

Reactions: Hero9012

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
It's taking me to just the home page. I just decided to move important files to an external drive for now and reset the Laptop which worked. I am also looking into Malewarebytes. I think a setting may have gotten mixed up with something but I just wanted to play 3.18. I appreciate the advice!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
goto local home depot get to the tool section buy the biggest sledge hammer you can and wack the laptop a couple times all problems will be resolved. You just need to put the laptop in its place (and buy all new components). honestly though if you using the original OS that came with the laptop buy windows 11 and upgrade then download all drivers etc.

• Glorious
Reactions: Drowez
Forgot your password?