Need computer help, does this ring a bell?

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
So, ya. Without loading a bunch of log files, with these components - Asus Sabertooth X79, Corsair Dominator Plat 32gb ram C9 9-10-9, i7 4930K.

If I set everything to defaults in bios (1333 ram, 3.4 cpu etc.. I get major memory errors with memtest, and an unstable system. Currently the only stable way I can run (zero memtest errors over like 7 hours of testing) is to OC the cpu with BLK at 125, getting me 4125 cpu and ram sitting at 1666.

Any other setting up or down gets me major errors. Ram has been tested per stick solo, no errors. Has anyone run across this before? I'm leaning towards mobo, but tough because I've never run into this type of problem.

I can technical if need be, just wondering if anyone's come across this before.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Mods you can delete this. Rechecked and figured out it was the Ram, 2 or 4 were bad.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
I know, you've already solved your Issue, but just in case check if all drivers are up to date, (don't forget your BIOS and Chipset)
Thanks, ya I'm on the latest BIOS release (it's a 2 year old mobo) and chipset. Only other version is beta. Taking the 2 bad sticks out has changed computer stability immensely, remaining RAM is errorless. Obviously I can run on 16gb's of RAM while I send the 2 back, Corsair already approved RMA.

Now if 2.6 would just cooperate, lol.

Reactions: Varku
Forgot your password?