Need help with Anvil Hornet Ghost Build

Coyoteship

Ensign
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Coyoteship
Hi all I'm running into a bit of trouble with a new ghost and build I'm running and was hoping some members here could help. i can't seem to find where erkul.games saves load outs on pc so I'll walk you through my set up. If you go here Anvil F7C-M Super Hornet - Subliminal's Channel (subliminalschannel.tv) and click on dps loadout then swap in all attrition repeaters in place of laser cannons and change out the power plant for a js300 that is the build I'm currently running. Whats happening is the nose turret works upon take off from Cru-L1 and all other repeaters but after I QT to Crusader the nose turrets stop working. 2xS1's attrittion repeaters only leaving me the size 3 wing guns and top turret functioning. Pretty stumped on this any suggestions much appreciated. Also same result whether overclocked power supply or not and did check to make sure all weapons were on and allocated to weapon fire groups.

Reactions: Aramsolari

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I do not think this is related to the loadout, seems to be a very recent bug (last time I used my Ghost with identical turret fit was a few days ago without issue). Have you seen it reported in issue council?

I'll try later tonight, as I have a Ghost fitted like you do. I'll try with the other Hornets also, F7C, SH, and Wildfire all fitted with the nose canard turret (missing the F7R though).

Coyoteship

Ensign
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Coyoteship
I swapped over to an all FL Laser Cannon build to see if that fixes it. Was working fine but did an ERT Group mission with it and took some nose damage early on against the biggest ship in the group 1st one up and lost the nose cannons right off so hard to tell if ran into same problem or not as the nose cannons stopped working right away. Have to run somemore missions possibly scale down to vhrt group to see if have same problem. It' a pretty strong ship a I was able to defeat the first ERT group I ran it with without nose cannons and one wing cannon tier 3 still able to take down the big ship after hitting an asteroid with laser repeaters. Going to be bummed if this ship is bugged because my Misc Freelancer Max is also bugged as after taking off one laser cannon to use on an IAE Rental ship I'm no longer able to put anything back in it's place because for that turret it doesn't see the gun thats equipped or the one that isn't.

Coyoteship

Ensign
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Coyoteship
Do you guys know where the erkul.games loadout builds you save where they are saved on your computer I've been unable to locate nor find anything on where to find them via google or youtube after you save a loadout how to find where it's saved on your computer.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I swapped over to an all FL Laser Cannon build to see if that fixes it. Was working fine but did an ERT Group mission with it and took some nose damage early on against the biggest ship in the group 1st one up and lost the nose cannons right off so hard to tell if ran into same problem or not as the nose cannons stopped working right away. Have to run somemore missions possibly scale down to vhrt group to see if have same problem. It' a pretty strong ship a I was able to defeat the first ERT group I ran it with without nose cannons and one wing cannon tier 3 still able to take down the big ship after hitting an asteroid with laser repeaters. Going to be bummed if this ship is bugged because my Misc Freelancer Max is also bugged as after taking off one laser cannon to use on an IAE Rental ship I'm no longer able to put anything back in it's place because for that turret it doesn't see the gun thats equipped or the one that isn't.

There is a difference between a gun not working because it got damaged due to a collision, and what you note in you original post 😉

My understanding of your initial problem was that fitting the canard turret with the lasers, and doing a QT, was then preventing you to run the turret guns at all after.
I have not been able to reproduce that with a similar fit tonight on the Ghost (using a pwr js300 and laser repeaters or cannons in the twin front turrets). I'll try tomorrow with other Hornets during our CFT session as I have them ready fitted for that event like that.

Have you checked issue council by any chance?

Coyoteship

Ensign
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Coyoteship
running a vhrt group with the fl cannons I didn't lose the nose cannons so I can confirm I have all weapons working with laser cannons. Time to test out the laser repeaters again it might be there is a bug with the size 1 attrition repeaters going to test the attrition repeater build out once more with vhrt group missions this time as I did the fl cannons. Since I'm not having any problems with any other sizes of attrition repeaters on any other ships I've set up with this it may be there is indeed a bug with size 1 attritions. If I run into this again I will try a set of different repeaters and report back. Strange so ran a vhrt single mission and can confirm attrition repeater were working as intended. Ran a VHRT group mission and same thing for 2/3 bounties on the 3rd bounty just before ready to kill the last mark the game screen totally froze up and blanked out making game unplayable had to alt f4 to release. So looking like it's working now but......is this game freeze related to the previous bug I was having with attrition repeater nose cannon not working prior to engaging in any combat jumping from Cru-L1 nose cannon and all cannons working to Crusader losing the nose cannon from working.....Oh CIG....

Last edited:

Coyoteship

Ensign
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
Coyoteship
There is a difference between a gun not working because it got damaged due to a collision, and what you note in you original post 😉

My understanding of your initial problem was that fitting the canard turret with the lasers, and doing a QT, was then preventing you to run the turret guns at all after.
I have not been able to reproduce that with a similar fit tonight on the Ghost (using a pwr js300 and laser repeaters or cannons in the twin front turrets). I'll try tomorrow with other Hornets during our CFT session as I have them ready fitted for that event like that.

Have you checked issue council by any chance?
yes your understanding is correct initial problem was nose guns with all attrition repeater build stopped working. I swapped over to laser cannons and problem gone. I swapped back over to all attrition repeaters and problem appears to be gone but encountered an entirely different bug at the end of group mission with game screen freezing. I think there may be a bug with the attrition 1 repeaters that go on the nose gun turret. I'm going to purchase all CF Laser Repeaters and see if the bugs go away ion the ghost, f not I'll do a reset on the account. I ran into a similar problem at last years IAE where after renting and testing many ships I acquired a ton of flight bugs like cockpit windows opening in mid flight etc. Ended up losing my mobiglass and character reset didn't fix so luckily was within 30 day window and cig refunded the account. Makes me wonder if I've picked up some bugs from this years IAE as I've tested many ships once again. Could be a bit of Paranoia setting in. However, CIG has been fantastic in resolving problems for me both last year and this year upon returning to SC so I'm all in now.

Forgot your password?