Need Help with RSI Store Purchase

HermanNurples

Rear Admiral
Mar 1, 2017
RSI Handle
HermanNurples
Hey y'all so this is my first thread post and I wasn't really sure where to put it but since it does have to do with buying and selling I reckon this is as good of a place as any. I recently purchased a Banu Defender with store credit and melted it. My plan was to now buy another Defender with store credit so that at a later time I could buy them back off melt when I had more free cash on hand. However the RSI store is giving me this error message when I try buying a new Defender: "skus: Cannot purchase more than 1 item at once with a Pledge Buy-Back". So am I just not allowed to buy another Defender? Any tips of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HermanNurples

P.S. I have no idea how to make a cool looking signature haha so help with that would be cool too. Thanks

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Hey y'all so this is my first thread post and I wasn't really sure where to put it but since it does have to do with buying and selling I reckon this is as good of a place as any. I recently purchased a Banu Defender with store credit and melted it. My plan was to now buy another Defender with store credit so that at a later time I could buy them back off melt when I had more free cash on hand. However the RSI store is giving me this error message when I try buying a new Defender: "skus: Cannot purchase more than 1 item at once with a Pledge Buy-Back". So am I just not allowed to buy another Defender? Any tips of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HermanNurples

P.S. I have no idea how to make a cool looking signature haha so help with that would be cool too. Thanks
If I am understanding, you are maybe buying it from your buyback pool in your hangar instead of the store page. Try buying it from store page: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/defender/Banu-Defender
And then at checkout, apply your credit.
(Edit: you will also need to pay the standalone ship price instead of warbond price when using credit.)
Hope this helps!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
you cant purchase more than one if you have one in your buyback already. the only way you can have multiple in your buyback is you need to purchase as many as you can first then sell them

HermanNurples

Rear Admiral
Mar 1, 2017
RSI Handle
HermanNurples
So I am buying them from the store page but it won't let me add the $185 version to my cart to even apply credit. If I understand what Sirus7264 is saying I can't buy more than one with store credit period? So I would need to buy them with cash if I want to have more than one? Seems kinda lame of RSI to do that but if that's how it is I guess that's how it is haha. Guess my dreams of gaining a buyback fleet are gone unless anyone has an idea how to do this without pumping in lots of cash...

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
So I am buying them from the store page but it won't let me add the $185 version to my cart to even apply credit. If I understand what Sirus7264 is saying I can't buy more than one with store credit period? So I would need to buy them with cash if I want to have more than one? Seems kinda lame of RSI to do that but if that's how it is I guess that's how it is haha. Guess my dreams of gaining a buyback fleet are gone unless anyone has an idea how to do this without pumping in lots of cash...
After reading, I melted mine and bought another with credit with no issue. You shouldn't need to add fresh cash, unless you're trying to get the lower warbond price.

Reactions: StdDev

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
it worked but i need to wait as cig still needs to take out 120 of my credits from that ebay scammer. i was able to recover my money but of course my package is gone along with 120 rsi i think my next option is going to be buy 350 rsi from a good source for 70% (250 usd) then buy a new defender upgrade to banu. it seems like the best way to go atm just sucks lost an lti game package with physical items but should be greatful got my money back. have to love paypal verified trades with buyer protection.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
it worked but i need to wait as cig still needs to take out 120 of my credits from that ebay scammer. i was able to recover my money but of course my package is gone along with 120 rsi i think my next option is going to be buy 350 rsi from a good source for 70% (250 usd) then buy a new defender upgrade to banu. it seems like the best way to go atm just sucks lost an lti game package with physical items but should be greatful got my money back. have to love paypal verified trades with buyer protection.
Glad you didn't lose real money, but still sounds like a headache. Hope you get it sorted before this sale ends. If Merchantman keeps growing, I wouldn't be surprised if the price climbs again the next time it's for sale.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Still feel like the "alien tax" hasn't been applied to the BMM. So I wouldn't be surprised if there is another large price hike when it gets close to being flyable.
Yup, that's my thought on it. Wasn't the Prowler somewhere around $400? And that was more comparable to the Hoplite, if anything. Merchantman's new size is being compared to the Prowler, but I doubt it will be near as combat capable. With all the talk of status symbols and top of the line alien tech, I bet it's more comparable to the 890 Jump now, just with a shop-till-you-drop feel. All those boats cost more cheddar than I would be willing to throw at them, and neither had an alien tax.
Merchantman is probably still a good deal at $350, while it lasts.

Reactions: StdDev

doctorlirio

Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
doctorlirio
Of course you can use the syore credits as many times as you like. The only clue here is the 24hour cooldown before you can melt what you bought.

This is how I stock up on buybacks all the time.

This list here is proof of that :slight_smile:
https://testsquadron.com/threads/buybacks-available.10112/
+1. I have 5 Defenders on my buyback list, one more in a few hours. I bought one with credit, 24h later i melted it, bought another one... The good thing is the melted ships will never change price even if the ship store price does, and also keep LTI. Melted CCU Upgrades don't follow this rule, they change price if the ships change price, so just be careful with that. :slight_smile:

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
+1. I have 5 Defenders on my buyback list, one more in a few hours. I bought one with credit, 24h later i melted it, bought another one... The good thing is the melted ships will never change price even if the ship store price does, and also keep LTI. Melted CCU Upgrades don't follow this rule, they change price if the ships change price, so just be careful with that. :slight_smile:

Yep. I tried explaining both things on that post.
But there are always people that don't know that :)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Glad you didn't lose real money, but still sounds like a headache. Hope you get it sorted before this sale ends. If Merchantman keeps growing, I wouldn't be surprised if the price climbs again the next time it's for sale.
It's almost done working itself out I also got my upgrade from andro to BMM back So I can always just make a new Andro LTI from a banu defender then upgrade to andro for a new LTI banu MM. So far everything is back in my paypal except the big payment for 150 ebay said it could take up to 48 hour for the refund. I'm contemplating if I should take all the money get 250 USD more in RSI credit from a good source on reddit then buy another banu that would be 2 banu's at that point one which I can upgrade to reclaimer 1 I can keep in case inflation happens. Of course I always have upgrades laying around. Other option I was thinking was use some of that money do some referrals for someone earn 90 usd send all of those to my account to melt and buy something else later with all the new credits next month. So many choices so much math to do i'll find the best path one thing is for sure though i'll get my BMM back with the defender at least 1.

Reactions: Beerjerker
Forgot your password?