Need Some Help

Stickx1307

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Stickx1307
So I finally got the game downloaded, according to they're checklist My laptop and eveything got a green checkmark to download the launcher. Well now everytime I try to launch the game I keep getting warning windows stating things from it couldn't verify the dowmload to other files not being found or not loading. I have verified the download multiple times. My laptop has a i7 2 core processor, 12 gigs of ram, with a nvidia video card. Does anyone have any suggestions besides buying a new laptop lol

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
If you don't have at least 4 gb of VRAM, you're never going to get more than 10 fps. And if you don't have an SSD, your load times'll be insanely long. Still, none of those things should prevent the launcher from working.
Have you tried:
  • Redownloading the launcher
  • Restarting your computer
  • Deleting everything SC related, and then redownloading the launcher
  • Filing a customer support ticket
  • Buying a new computer

Reactions: Deroth and Ezz

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I would not recommend utilizing a laptop to play SC unless it is top of the line with 16gb of RAM and a high end video card installed in it.

Reactions: Deroth and Ezz

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
If he got the Laptop and no PC obviously he will not buy a new PC just for the Alpha :p
I also think the problem has nothing to do with the Lappi itself.
And about the fps .. I do not play atm but to my understanding fps is low most of the time no matter the rig

Stickx1307

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Stickx1307
I have a external hardrive that i could transfer teh files to, i mean im barely under the requirements
I have a NVidia geforece card with ram dedicated to it

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I have a external hardrive that i could transfer teh files to, i mean im barely under the requirements
I have a NVidia geforece card with ram dedicated to it
The graphics card's memory doesnt help the system its used for the GPU itself.(4gb of memory is recommended for video card)
Im sad to say but your best bet is getting a slightly better computer. you can probably find parts or a cheap used computer via ebay.(a few years ago technology) Or hell even try craigslist if you are strapped for cash.(always meet in public places)

Forgot your password?