New Drake ground transport vehicle for Fleet Week

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
So, Nothing like this?

I came across the video when doing a search, with it linked from https://www.spaceloop.it/en/star-citizen-drake-mule-en
I have no idea whether this is what to expect or not - The video and article were posted on April 1, and the (C) information page towards the end suggests it may date from 2018 if it is official, and so could\would be outdated.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
From leaks.

1-3 SCU worth of cargo

Available during Drake Defensecon (during Fleet Week).
If there was a "MULE" I would expect it to be From Argo, not Drake.
Maneuverable Utility and Logistics Expediter, and they already have that ship...the SRV and the ARGO Cargo.

Reactions: Vavrik

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
So, Nothing like this?

I came across the video when doing a search, with it linked from https://www.spaceloop.it/en/star-citizen-drake-mule-en
I have no idea whether this is what to expect or not - The video and article were posted on April 1, and the (C) information page towards the end suggests it may date from 2018 if it is official, and so could\would be outdated.
April 1st you said? Mmmmm 😆

Reactions: Bambooza

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
April 1st you said? Mmmmm 😆
I could certainly see a use for a ship such as the one shown, though, once persistant hangars arrive and we have to load cargo ourselves in\from the hangars... Particularly with Hull C-E and RAFT (plus whatever else they drop which uses the 32 SCU containers)... It could possible even load those containers into a C2\M2 and be carried to the destination to help unload as well.

Reactions: Vavrik and Bambooza

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
remember, there is already an ARGO version of this type of ship (ARGO Cargo, Argo Personnel), plus the ARGO SRV.

I don't see a very small ship doing a lot of this cargo maneuvering as shown on the video.

The ground vehicle is an interesting idea, but 1-3 SCU of cargo isn't that much. 12 or even 32 SCU of cargo as a ground transport may be much more useful.

Reactions: Vavrik

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
remember, there is already an ARGO version of this type of ship (ARGO Cargo, Argo Personnel), plus the ARGO SRV.

I don't see a very small ship doing a lot of this cargo maneuvering as shown on the video.

The ground vehicle is an interesting idea, but 1-3 SCU of cargo isn't that much. 12 or even 32 SCU of cargo as a ground transport may be much more useful.
To what purpose? I can see something being able to take cargo out of caves but a land train seems to be a slow way to transport goods.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
3 SCU would be in the higher range of cargo for vehicles (4 for Ursa IIRC which is the highest).

1 would be on the contrary on the low range.

The ship shown on the video linked by @Brictoria looks too clean to be drake for me, where are the rusty parts ;)

We probably need to look at the article from ship voting of last citcon to guess the look of the vehicle. Ptobably B2, the cockpit looks really "drakish" to me (similar to Vulture) :
1651686901676.png

1651686712953.png

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I too would imagine the toilet would be something like this.

View attachment 22812
You bucking for a job at Drake? I mean the Cutlass could use something like this. I'd put it near the rear loading ramp so you could eject it's contents at a ship following you. If you do that just right, it will obscure the pilot's vision, and won't cost any ammo.

Forgot your password?