new dude here.

baal_15

Grand Admiral
Mar 18, 2017
RSI Handle
baal_15
hi all as im new to test squadron i was wondering how the bloody hell i fly this thing ! i don't have hotas , i got a 360 game pad if that's any use or mouse and keyboard which i have very limited use/knowledge of as of yet ! i have an avenger titan which to me seems no better than the aruora mr i was trying to fly for all of couple days lol problem is i don't know how to set up my game pad or use the m/k properly either ? or do i just percevier and grind it out ? and try and learn the keys / pad.....

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'd say stick with mouse and keyboard in the begining and if you go in to Arena Commander you got Free flight, it is the perfect place to pracitce there you can crash as much as you want and respawn your ship is instant and no limit... and you got six landing pads to practice landigs and take of from.

That's where I started out with mouse and keyboard, now I am on HOTAS.. but I still go in to Free flight and practice on extreem manuvering combat landings landings... etc..

And I started out with default setting and got the hang of it eventually and as time goes by you will advance ;)

CHEERS :beers::beers::beer:

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I'd say stick with mouse and keyboard in the begining and if you go in to Arena Commander you got Free flight, it is the perfect place to pracitce there you can crash as much as you want and respawn your ship is instant and no limit... and you got six landing pads to practice landigs and take of from.

That's where I started out with mouse and keyboard, now I am on HOTAS.. but I still go in to Free flight and practice on extreem manuvering combat landings landings... etc..

And I started out with default setting and got the hang of it eventually and as time goes by you will advance ;)

CHEERS :beers::beers::beer:
Great advice.

Controllers all have Pros & Cons.
Even the CIG Devs use all 3 types, depending on what they are playing/testing.
Ship flight mechanics & weapons are still being balanced and this makes a difference.
At present, it is simply a matter of preference. And cost, of course.

btw - I have been using M&K since the beginning and still do. For now at least.

M+K isnt too bad for now. Try hopping on with any of us one day and most of us can usually walk you through most of the controls. Hit me up tomorrow if you cant find anyone and I would be happy to help.
TEST members are very helpful & like having fun.

Welcome to TEST.

Forgot your password?