New fallout game trailer! Fallout 76! and Bethesda presentation!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I have to admit.. I'm excited for a new fallout. Considering the date on the pipboy... is this a prequel?

Besides the date, technically, that's a lot of RADs for inside the vault

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
As far as timelines go, the bombs dropped in 2077, this is taking place in 2102.

Vault 76 was a control vault, meaning there were no weird experiments or anything of the sort.

If I had to predict this games objective, it takes base building to the next level. Running an community, defending from ferals.

Im thinking almost zombie survival type play style in the early days after it was safe to leave the vaults.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
This makes me moist.
Okay with that, but surely, it is the expectation of the game and not this shitty trailer getting the complements. A real trailer makes you want to play. If you didn't know Fallout, you'd say the dick who put this together doen't care if you play or not.

Real trailers make you want to play.

View: https://youtu.be/W2u6Vp1U8f8

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Okay with that, but surely, it is the expectation of the game and not this shitty trailer getting the complements. A real trailer makes you want to play. If you didn't know Fallout, you'd say the dick who put this together doen't care if you play or not.

But it's a "teaser" not a full on trailer like you just linked.. plus.. that's a 32 minute video... that's a damn TV episode... not a trailer...

edit:
ah nvr mind.. it's a bunch of trailers stringed into 1 video

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah, it is long. I haven't watched the whole thing yet. Just had a few seconds to post and had to run off to a meeting, as I will do again in just a few.

Point is though, what is the issue with the trailer? Are they just saying "hey, we have nice graphics"?

News flash--EVERYONE has nice graphics. Fallout is a good story, but hey; lets see the evil bad guys die, Die, DIE!

~Kill things, and take their treasure. . .

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy

It is a teaser, not a full trailer. It isn't designed to answer any questions, its designed to get you to ask them. To theorycraft and hype. I mean, I get the appeal of trailers like the one you posted, but they always leave me disappointed when the gameplay is nothing like what is shown. To each their own, I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
mmm... for me it's simply.. "hey, we have a new fallout game coming and it takes place in 2102 and an operation reclaim the surface"... watching a teaser showing that rather than a press release is much more entertaining to me. So I'm happy with the teaser. Trailers will come later.

HeadClot

Grand Admiral
May 29, 2014
RSI Handle
HeadClot88
Since we know it is based in West Virginia. I am going to throw out my theory to where I think the game starts.. Back during the Cold War the United States government build an fallout bunker for Congress in case of nuclear war with the Soviet Union and the Warsaw pact.
I think you will start beneath the greenbrier luxury hotel in Greenbrier County West Virginia.

A few things from me that I would like to see from this game.

1. Private servers.
2. Mod support.

Source on the whole Greenbrier bunker. Link

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh

+1 fro ESO, I still play it.
Star Wars Old Republic had some amazing stuff made...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Do48nPqLGU

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
@Montoya It would appear that you are correct.
Well, you arte the Glorious Leader of TEST SQUADRON.
We expect no less.

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333
Hmm, that could be all speculation from Kotaku too, unless the guy has an inside source, but he says Bethesda does not respond to his emails.

Im simply extrapolating the end game activities we had in Fallout 4. It was all about base building and making your home pretty.

Its a natural progression to make the entire game about establishing, building and defending a small outpost that eventually grows into a busy town.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I havnt really touched the fallout series before and this trailer makes me want to actually give it a shot. So i wouldn't say its shitty its as everyone has mentioned a teaser to make you say hmmm what is this and want to look around the internet for anything that is out there on it. it makes you do your homework.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I'm kinda excited for it, though i half expect them to screw it up badly. We'll have to wait and see, i suppose.

Forgot your password?