RSI Handle
Sraika

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Heh. There's a minor issue with the patcher I guess. It starts up, initializes the GUI, Logs you in, then prompts with the play button THEN checks for updates. That might be fine for some users, but I'm an impatient space monkey. phooey.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
the one quoted didn't make it in live version .. instead for some missions admins were rendered unneeded ... and others missions were switched off. Also congratulations all - there was a wipe .. but at least flashlight works again
NOOOOO! All my hard earned 720 aUEC , basic white armor set and guns are gone? dammit....
I guess there is nothing left but to play it all over again :smile:
Last couple of times I was getting 1,5-2 hour long sessions without crashing, hope that's not been patched out!

Edit:
I hope this one works now, would be great to finally have more then one rented ship or item!
  • REC rented items should no longer invalidate prior rentals and rentals with time remaining from the prior patch should now be available.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
SO I got in 2 1/2 hours tonight @ between 25-50 FPS, which is about double my usual. made a bunch of cargo runs to re-stock... new patch means our aUEC has been reset, and your purchased inventory is gone. NPC Pirate encounters are more frequent at least at the moment.

If they implement even a few more features, and get rid of some of the most pesky bugs, this is going to be one hell of a game.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Server stability seems fine. I crashed after the 2 1/2 hours, but the issue was client side. It was probably also a good thing I crashed too, because I'd built up 100k aUEC, and was in the process of landing at Hickes for as much of a load of medical supplies as I could get. Every trip I only used half of whatever my balance was, but this time I was going to have something like 2500 left. The crash changed my mind for me.

There may be a memory leak in the client software, but if there is it's the same one that has been there since PTU. I would say it's not worse than it was before, maybe a little better but 1 session isn't really enough to tell.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
How's the server stability? I'm not gonna bother grinding money again if we're still getting broken doors/cargo terminals/stuck in the mobiglas, I'll wait to 3.1. And that sucks. They should just wipe for major patches.
Well, i had this insane moment of rubberbanding where i went from in space, top speed, about to enter QT, to just after i'd taken off back on yela. I nearly splattered myself all over the side of a mountain with a full load of cargo.
As far as broken doors/terminals/mobiglass, that's all still there, but it appears that it's improved significantly. I'd have to play more to tell you one way or the other, tho.

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
Took a break from SC came back to a new patch and broke , well ok i had the usual 5,000cr

hopped into my Cutty , quick run to yella and back to Olisar netted me only 3,064cr , but no crashes , had a few stutters , average about 22fps ( which still sucks ) but survived .

Will now wait till 3.1 drops in as i have a choice of 31 other games to play for a while .

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
So I was overjoyed to see 40+ FPS late last night the first time I woke up at Port O after DL'ing 3.0.1, and devastated to see not only a return to 13-ish FPS, but ridiculous drops to 1.4 - 5 FPS due to the once again bugged pirate spawning issue.

I was well on my way to remaking my fortune when game crashed and I lost a Penguin full of Medical Supplies (F2/Starmap freeze). Had to stop playing to avoid damaging my new T.16000HOTAS setup (highly recommended by the way, very immersive and covers most bases of action keys you want at hand).

All the bugs I used to see are still present only now there is no keybind for for engines on/off (or I forgot where it is). The rubber-banding is still present and the Penguin's awful behavior when you turn engines back on after a landing on the moons is still there too, maybe even behaving worse than before if that was possible.

It does seem to look better for some reason, but right now I want stability and FPS, that's all I need, nothing else matters, well and aUEC, and cake...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2X3vVMdh-s

'Gimp

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Last couple of times I was getting 1,5-2 hour long sessions without crashing, hope that's not been patched out!
Same with me. Fps almost never went above 25 for me, but it also never went below 20. The last two nights after the update it varies, for me, between low 20's and about 3. And it always drops for me during a battle with pirate incursions. I like the idea of incursions pulling us out of Qt, but two or three times per QT? And always it seems like the pirates have three large ships such as Connies and Cats which really slows the game to a slide show production. I finally waste the no-goodniks and bam, they're right back again. Honestly this patch is causing me to drink.

I wasn't able to complete a single run or mission w/o crash and finally lost all my aUECs .. so I'm done with 3.0.1 before they bring 3.0.2 :slight_smile:
Again, same here. I had run up a new total of 7000.00 in aUEC. I had half in cargo in my Cutty and game crashed wiping out that haul. That was okay, but when I logged back in ALL of my creds were gone. The 3500.00ish and the remaining in my account. WTF? This honestly happened in the 3.0 patch. Yes I sent it to ICC like I did last time. But really? Oh well I'm back to doing missions until I get enough creds to start my fortune build up again. One bottle of hydrogen at a time.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Meh. I take it back. There seem to be issues for sure with FPS, depending on how many npc pirates have spawned. if it's a lot, then low FPS, right in the tank. That happened to me a lot today, including one trip to Levski, where I got interdicted 7 times. Almost half of the interdiction force by my count, was Caterpillars. Once, the force was 3 caterpillars. Who attacks anything in a caterpillar? NPC pirates that's who. Dumber than a door nail.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Meh. I take it back. There seem to be issues for sure with FPS, depending on how many npc pirates have spawned. if it's a lot, then low FPS, right in the tank. That happened to me a lot today, including one trip to Levski, where I got interdicted 7 times. Almost half of the interdiction force by my count, was Caterpillars. Once, the force was 3 caterpillars. Who attacks anything in a caterpillar? NPC pirates that's who. Dumber than a door nail.
It's like you read my mind. My gut tells me that this might be a purposeful act on CIG's part. They might be testing something with the servers. I can't believe that pirates spawning in multiple large is ships is suppose to happen. This is either some sort of test or some one fucked up big time. I expect (hope?) it to be modified soon.

Reactions: Bambooza

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Every single time i've been interdicted, there's been at least one caterpillar. I've taken to dropping a couple missiles and shooting 'em as i fly by, and then QT-ing away.

Forgot your password?