New ship video - this time about exploration

Alexeyevich

Vice Admiral
Dec 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Alexeyevich

Last time I just dropped a video on you guys, let me try to explain more this time around.

When making this one, I've tried to keep an overall structure, but instead of reading off a script, I went just off the top of my head, which resulted in some non-intentional humor at the comparison part. I think it makes it look more organic and less like a news caster reading off a prompter.

The second thing that I've been wondering about is length. How long is long enough? :cucumber: No, but seriously.
When you watch star citizen videos, do you prefer short videos that get to the point, or do you like it better when the person goes really in-depth?

for a more practical example, if this video was 10 minutes long instead of 3, and I actually showcased the ship more, maybe even some planetary gameplay, would that have been better for you?

Sorry for all the text, but would really appreciate some feedback.

Injustice

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Injustice4
I've always favored videos where the commentary is more organic and not read from paper. It's kinda less robotic that way and more personal, it reveals more of your personality and allows a connection with the audience.

And as far as length goes, I guess it really depends on the content that is being presented, and how you want to present it.

For me, I prefer informative videos to be between 5 and 10 minutes. While in depth or showcase videos I prefer anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes.

This video felt balanced, the information was presented in a reasonable amount of time and was resented smoothly.

Thanks for a great video!

Forgot your password?