New show idea: Testing with TEST

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
While I am short on time in recent weeks due to the birth of my turret gunner, I am making some plans!

Since we are a TESTing org, I think its only right that we do some actual TESTING!

Something that I see a lot of on the forums and reddit are people asking about HOTAS and peripherals.

I myself am very interested in getting my hands on a stick again!

The last time I used a stick was back in Xwing vs Tie Fighter!

Starting this week I am going to begin my journey at getting myself back into using a stick, I will document and record, and also stream if I have some time in the evenings.

The goal here is to answer the common questions through real world testing. I have no preferences over brands, I am coming in with a blank slate and will form my opinions as I go.

If you have ideas for me, throw them in this thread!

Yellowdog

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Yellowdog
A show that interviews TEST members. It could be called: "Know your Testies"

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Starting this week I am going to begin my journey at getting myself back into using a stick, I will document and record, and also stream if I have some time in the evenings.
Wow... PHRASING! But first I mean this is amazing that your wife will let you out to play with your stick on camera to appease the members of Test..... some woman you have there.

But I think this is a good idea.... not playing with your stick for joy of others and curious questions like... make a pretzel... but for people like me who are not pc gamers (or gamers) but was drawn to SC and Test... but have questions... like pretzels..errr.

Also I will be picking up a HOTAS myself when I get back state side so it helps get some of those questions out of the way.... especially about setting them up (button configuration) because the last time I played was Xwing Alliance..... and I think I broke the stick (band tensioners or something).

Stick...

Reactions: Yellowdog

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
The last time I used a stick was back in Xwing vs Tie Fighter!
My nipples got hard when I read this, somebody else from the golden days of Star Wars games. ANYWAY: T-16000m is a solid stick, don't really need a throttle if you change up the mapping with your keyboard. It's also much cheaper then the other HOTAS systems and in my opinion on par if not better in all regards.

Reactions: Bothand

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
My nipples got hard when I read this, somebody else from the golden days of Star Wars games. ANYWAY: T-16000m is a solid stick, don't really need a throttle if you change up the mapping with your keyboard. It's also much cheaper then the other HOTAS systems and in my opinion on par if not better in all regards.
Ha!

Im going to run through them all, from the $30 stick all the way to the Warthog + pedals.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
Definitely have a look at the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, as it seems to be a popular choice for Star Citizens who want to get in at the inexpensive end of the quality controller spectrum. As much as I despise Logitech as a company, for their terrible customer service, the joystick is great and if you never have to deal with their CS dept. all is good.

deathstrike

Vice Admiral
Donor
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
deathstrike
I use a thrustmaster t16000m and while it's not long on buttons, it's a great stick imho. Better than my old logitech 3d I used for mechwarrior 3-4. I plan to pick up a ch throttle I think by the time the game launches.

Reactions: Overlord

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I have been half ass following the stick threads on the CS forums, I have always used mouse and keyboard, but I would like to have a flight control set up and know it before the game launch's.

fraggdya

Admiral
Donor
Nov 16, 2014
RSI Handle
fraggdya
I've a Warthog and just about to mount it to a wheel stand pro as recommended by someone in chat :)

Edit - I'm not saying ill do a good job of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: CitizenDad

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'm using the Warthog plus pedals right now. I eagerly await your review of this setup. My one complaint is I removed my only excuse for the shittiness of my flying.

Forgot your password?