New Star Citizen Ship: Drake Cutlass Steel

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This makes me think it was lifted from the Theaters of War game mode where it was intended to be used as the spawn/insertion vehicle for one of the teams or sumthin... maybe...
Anyways, good vid, ship looks decent, cue the new drama with Redeemer buyers getting pissed off that cheaper ship can carry more soldiers lol

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
This makes me think it was lifted from the Theaters of War game mode where it was intended to be used as the spawn/insertion vehicle for one of the teams or sumthin... maybe...
Anyways, good vid, ship looks decent, cue the new drama with Redeemer buyers getting pissed off that cheaper ship can carry more soldiers lol
Gonna be tradeoffs of course.

Cutlasses are still paper thin and flimsy. I doubt this new variant will avoid the shortcomings of its sister ships.

2-3 railgun hits will bring down a Cutlass. The Redeemer can absorb far more than that.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Yeah ... this ship slaps in the gameplay mechanics department for the FPSers.

But do we have a toilet for those super important poop mechanics? 😙
Seriously though, I actually like this variant a lot. I imagine this is going to be super popular as a cheaper drop ship.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Yes, Sir, the ship is currently available for testing to ETF. I guess it would be available to everyone in PTU on Saturday...
I always wonder how you get such clean screenshots, mine looks like jagged-edge town met a mudpit compared to that and all my settings are maxed out!
Well done, beautiful stuff!

I really like that new dark metal panels, very nice shader, they could add the same kinda detailed metal to my freelancer (and later Hull A)!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I've already found a fatal flaw with this new ship if it was filled with TESTies. The easiest way to destroy it, is to toss in a single fresh, cold & unopened beer inside the back while it's fully crewed. 21 TESTies, no storage space & only a single beer on board, the fighting for the beer inside will be a thing of legend ... until the ship blows up from being tossed around from the fist fighting over what music to use during the musical jumpseats competition.

This being said, I might want to start buying stock in duct tape as I know a lot will be buying this ship s well. Then sell said stocks of digital duct tape right before the armor value of ships comes into play & the Blue is the only Drake that survives the friendly fire TEST.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I really like the Cutlass black and red...Do they need a better shield?...Hell yeah but oh what a angry little wasp this one might be.:like:
Perhaps one day/month/year they might let some of us back and Im sure by then there will be even more notorious multi role wasps flying around out there!..Keep those pics rolling for us on the sidelines :o7:

Forgot your password?