New World MMO! - Server East Coast - Valhalla - Covenant

Ethreck

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Ethreck
Well my plans have changed. We have a release this week so they won't let me take it off.

I will still be in game, just later than I wanted to be.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I'm probably asking a question that's beaten to death but is the game worth it at this stage or should I wait for release?
Its pretty much finalized here I think.

Maybe some balancing to do before final release.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Its pretty much finalized here I think.

Maybe some balancing to do before final release.
Hmm...tempting. It's been awhile since I started a new MMO. If I start playing, you lot better not give it up within a month!

Ethreck

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Ethreck
Fine! 3 months is better than 1!
Also, if a lot of people here end up not playing New World for very long, there is another group outside of TEST that may continue for quite some time. They are similar to TEST in that, you don't have to be there all the time for fear of getting kicked out. They are laid back and a little bit of an older crowd. They do play ESO, GW2 and some other games. Some of them play Conqueror's Blade. It is a gaming community that has been around for a long time.

It is a decision we can make, if ok, then some of us who decide to keep playing can join up with them when we want to play New World. Not leaving TEST of course.

As a side note, these people I am talking about, as a gaming community at large will probably never play Star Citizen, so there is no fear of them peeling people away from TEST to play Star Citizen. That is not what I would want for TEST.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
PXL_20210722_081256063.jpgPXL_20210722_075419997.jpgPXL_20210722_045204323.jpgPXL_20210722_032734486.NIGHT.jpg

The 5 year old is absolutely loving this crazy game. He just managed to make it to pledging for Marauders before his bedtime :) We have had a blast just the two of us staying up till midnight. This is our first MMO together and definitely really cool to be exploring the New World together.

Please add us to the company:
SlumLord
Gunnar Ly

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
BIG WARNING ABOUT GPU!!!

it appear that new word does have a problema with highend GPU (3090 and very likely 3080ti too) are affected by a problem that, due to hight uncontrolled demand by the game engine, will pop some of the power delivery component in the GPU.
It's a VERY VERY VERY safe precaution to enable the V-sinc option IN THE GPU CONTROL PANNEL (not in the game option) so that it will limit the performance of the card and as a consequence limit its power request.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLyNFrKyG74

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVM_5ZYQB68

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Im curious to hear the postmortem on the bricked cards. Was it overclocking?

Szioul

Space Marshal
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Szioul
Buildzoid thinks it was that there's no real overcurrent protection and the cards either blew a fuse, or a powerstage. No OC required. The menu in New World had unlocked FPS in the menus, causing the card to run at full power all the time, or possibly worse, quickly change between full power and idle, while waiting on the CPU.

We'll need to wait until someone decides to open one up and take pictures of the PCB, before sending it for RMA to know more. $1200+ cards, so most won't take the risk of getting denied warranty though.

Last edited:
Reactions: CitizenDad
Forgot your password?