New World MMO! - Server East Coast - Valhalla - Covenant

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
EDIT 3: CLOSED BETA INCOMING!

Drop into Guilded chat linked below to coordinate!

EDIT: Just in today (April 9), the launch is being delayed to Aug 25th and beta to July due to Coronavirus. 😡

EDIT 2: We started up a New World beta group in guilded, drop in for some beta testing:

EDIT 3: DELAYED TO SPRING 2021 😡 😡 😡 😡

This is the first MMO coming out on the Lumberyard engine, beta in April, release date May 26.

Last edited:

TeaJizzle

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2019
RSI Handle
TeaJizzle
Managed to get a key to the closed beta after the pvp changes, under NDA for details but suffice to say I've lost all interest and suggest people wait to see exactly what the game is now before ordering.

I'd have been all over it if it were like the beta we had last year, it looked really promising.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
I'm going to wait for release because I don't have any money to pre-order.

View attachment 15156
I agree. All my funds are tied up in other investments at the moment . . . *cough* star citizen, *cough* gotta save up for november, *cough* no i dont have covid-19 and you dont get my carrack if i die.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Managed to get a key to the closed beta after the pvp changes, under NDA for details but suffice to say I've lost all interest and suggest people wait to see exactly what the game is now before ordering.

I'd have been all over it if it were like the beta we had last year, it looked really promising.
I have heard the same from early beta testers, but here are my thoughts:

In Star Citizen there is a a group of players that are pvp focused. When CIG changed the combat mechanics and introduced auto gimbal turrets, they lost their minds claiming the game is now crap.

CIG made changes that a small group of pvpers didnt like, but the change was more beneficial for the larger community.

I expect any changes New World made from the early beta were done to make the game more appealing to a broader audience.

I would suggest that anybody who is going to be upset about spending $50 on a game they dont like, to not bother buying it until its been out for a few months.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I don't know i look at this and really feel like this game is 10 years behind and very basic looking. I didnt see anything really about any storyline etc reminds me alot on that whole Warhammer MMO that was made way back when(even the graphics). I need something more complicated when it comes to MMOs.

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
Looks good, I could see us having fun in this. I will however hold off until maybe some time in April before launch to get more feedback if I will decide on it. I don't care if there are good and bad sides as long as, like SC, we have fun and enjoy the game as a whole

Cyril

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Cyril
Already pre-ordered. If they haven't changed everything from the alpha we'll be better off if we have a list of crafting skills so we can make anything and don't just have 50 blacksmiths...

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?