New World MMO! - Server East Coast - Valhalla - Covenant

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The volume of stuff to do in this game seems immense. And I'm only at the first settlement. Damn. Kudos Bezos, and your ginormous phallic ship.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
The volume of stuff to do in this game seems immense. And I'm only at the first settlement. Damn. Kudos Bezos, and your ginormous phallic ship.
I'm still hoping we get to fight MechaBezos at lvl 60.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
As much as I want to join the Beta, I'm gonna wait for release so I don't have my character wiped. Assuming everything's the same, will we still be on same server / faction? Idk if this has already been answered, I didnt read the whole thread.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
I'm enjoying the beta, I'll be playing at launch for sure. I'd prefer a West Coast server myself :)

I should try to get a guild invite at some point as I'm getting into raid range

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
West Coast Server almost a must since Monty is Westside now, and it also gives us 3 more hours essentially of core gaming. Sorry East side least side haha :p

You guys should have seen Gunnar's face when I explained to him this was just a test, and the game doesn't actually come out until later, and he will have to redo everything. I could tell he almost said "forget it" but he's just having too much fun.

But yeah, myself, my kids, my core group or gamer buddies here on the West Coast vote for West Coast Server. East Coast servers just die like 3 hours earlier which is really weaksauce IMO. Yet, if we do NA -West there is no downside, @Montoya

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
West Coast Server almost a must since Monty is Westside now,
We need to cater to the larger audience.

We can do a poll closer to release, but East Coast is the best balance between the US and our European players, at the cost of our Australian players.

If we go West coast we lose our European players.

We will finalize a decision soon.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
We need to cater to the larger audience.

We can do a poll closer to release, but East Coast is the best balance between the US and our European players, at the cost of our Australian players.

If we go West coast we lose our European players, (and we can't forget about our African and Middle Eastern bros either lol).

We will finalize a decision soon.
Oh yeah LOL I am such an American A-Hole I don't even think about the UK/EU, at all. Sorry Euro Test Bros. But wait don't we lose our Aussie Test Bro's if we go East? Either way, I guess it won't really matter as I think there will be more than enough demand and people playing this game TBH...

Check it out tho G and me did our completed our main mission, getting that stupid staff finally :) I am almost as proud of us as he is of himself. He is telling all his family and friends about it.

Attachments

Reactions: Blind Owl

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Don't forget about time zones guys.

The world turns and your evening open and free to play is someone else's work day they are stuck doing their shift, which is someone else's dead of night they are sleeping through.

TEST is truly global but it's not just language barriers and ping distance you have to take into account when trying to play with people all around the world :-)

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Don't forget about time zones guys.

The world turns and your evening open and free to play is someone else's work day they are stuck doing their shift, which is someone else's dead of night they are sleeping through.

TEST is truly global but it's not just language barriers and ping distance you have to take into account when trying to play with people all around the world :-)
Heretic, repent for thy transgressions for it is Montoya that all revolve around and his current location makes that timezone the only one that matters.

On a more serious note. It will be interesting to see the lessons learned in regards to timezones and scheduling / finding a common gateway/server.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Time zones are overrated.

I work crazy weird hours and I wanna be able to come home at 4am and be able to game with others…..often it’s to be my Eurobros.

I’m also at that age where I couldn’t care less about being super competitive in online gaming. If my ping takes a hit so I can play with people in other time zones, yeah I’m not gonna lose any sleep.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Time zones are overrated.

I work crazy weird hours and I wanna be able to come home at 4am and be able to game with others…..often it’s to be my Eurobros.

I’m also at that age where I couldn’t care less about being super competitive in online gaming. If my ping takes a hit so I can play with people in other time zones, yeah I’m not gonna lose any sleep.
For me, I think 80% of this game is probably questing and resources, 20% PVP, then back to grinding for a better weapon!

Forgot your password?