New World MMO! - Server East Coast - Valhalla - Covenant

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I think its like everything else, they saw a chance to take extended time without upsetting the consumer as everyone is so preoccupied with the COVID19 and rightfully so its horrible, but I agree with Montoya, to set it this far back I think it needs a lot more tweaking and they saw an opportunity to get that time.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

SHADOW2KK

Ensign
Apr 27, 2020
RSI Handle
SHADOW2KK
Looks good, heard about this MMO for a while now.

Already been playing ESO since the closed betas and Eve Online, hell, another MMO, why not hehe.

• o7

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Im in 100%.

To go server would probably be Frankfurt. Am i assuming correctly that EU and NA will get their own servers and thus we will have to look for regional Testies?

Looks like Albion Online in grown up and without toxic pvp. Gatherers and Crafters unite! There is hope at last.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Yep, I'm in. Signed up a while back waiting for the chance to hop into beta.

Either I was drinking too much or this game came out of nowhere in the last year. I pay a lot of attention to MMOs and didnt see this one coming before 2020. But it looks cool!

• o7

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have heard mixed reviews on this game so far, many are comparing it to ESO, ESO had a rough start but over time developed into a rock solid MMORPG, if the people describing this are accurate then New World will have a rough start and hopefully mature over time. Also this game started out as pretty much a pure PVP style MMO and now it looks to be more balanced between PVE and PVP so it could explain all the set backs.

• o7

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
I have heard mixed reviews on this game so far, many are comparing it to ESO, ESO had a rough start but over time developed into a rock solid MMORPG, if the people describing this are accurate then New World will have a rough start and hopefully mature over time. Also this game started out as pretty much a pure PVP style MMO and now it looks to be more balanced between PVE and PVP so it could explain all the set backs.
The game started as more PvP centric and most of the Alpha testers even stated it would not fly or draw in the same crowd being what it was so they added alot to it. Originally the enemies (not players but AI) didn't even attack keeps, you only had to defend against players and usually if you were solo or in a smaller group you rarely participated. Now when it is a war between players, it's only a select few from the guild involved and then the other (I think 40 but forget) get selected in basically a lottery so everyone gets a chance to be involved.

Other than anything else, a big draw for most people is that it is a purely skill based game. Meaning you have to level weapon skills with various weapons and then pick traits in your skill tree to improve it. Even then, there have been showcases of players completely naked taking on several others and winning so just because you grind all day does not mean you will win. Ping will be a factor as well I'm sure

• o7
Forgot your password?