New Years resolutions 2022

Lordgarrett99

Admiral
Donor
Sep 30, 2019
RSI Handle
ELX987
Hello my fellow Testies, i thought it would be cool to do a new years resolutions thread, if there is already one done, ill link it here.

no rules other than try to keep it to around 2-3 :)

Lordgarretts resolutions:

1. Take more steps to get a job, at 19 its important for me to consider these IRL adulting things, and plus, who doesnt like money?

2. Get at least one certificate/award saying i can do something beneficial to a job or hobby, this would be super cool and help with my resume :)

3. Help out with the hosting of/host an event or 2 within TEST Squadron, this community means alot to me and i want to give my heart and soul to yall whenever possible ❤

now i want to hear yalls!

-Garrett

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'll join in.

1. Survive through 2022 into at least 2023. There's been too much death since China picked this bio weapon fight with its WuFlu & multiple waves of variants. I plan on surviving & I pray those making these deadly waves all perish from doing so, because enough is enough. It's time for the world to heal.

2. Get into a stable & safe long term living situation, hopefully 1 that will allow me to have additional resources to further advance my Concierge level.

3. Improve my health & stamina so that I can enjoy more time online with the wonderful & wacky TESTies.

4. Hopefully improve my skills at playing SC to some degree.

~Talonsbane~

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
2019 to 2020 was the only year I successfully kept a new years resolution.

It was not to post on Spectrum for the year. I got suspended on Jan 1st 2019 for defending someone from someone else who told them to go "eat a dick" so I thought I could turn that 24 hours involuntary in to 8766 hours of voluntary.

Admittedly to be fair to those running Spectrum I used this Meme image to defend the person and did actually breach the community guidelines, so I wasn't salty I just found a convenient resolution when I needed one:

Eat a 'Dick'.jpg

Considering how 2019 went in to 2020 with a world-wide crisis I thought perhaps it was safer for the world if I didn't make a resolution again.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
1- spend less on space jpegs 🤣
2- spend less on space jpegs 🤣🤣
3- spend less on space jpegs 🍻🍻🍻
That's really funny, my resolutions are very similar.
1 and 2 are exactly the same. 3 is figure out how to do space combat in a space jpeg again. I think we both have a #4. It goes something like "Burry wallet in quicksand, cement, or burn it in a raging inferno"

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I just found out that my "free" healthcare promised to me by the military upon my retirement is gonna cost me so much that I have to work an extra 2 years (Iwas originally going to call it quits in March, when I turn 65) longer. Oh well. The job isn't really that demanding, but the only resolutions I'm making is to take more vacation time, and goof off at work more.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I just found out that my "free" healthcare promised to me by the military upon my retirement is gonna cost me so much that I have to work an extra 2 years (Iwas originally going to call it quits in March, when I turn 65) longer. Oh well. The job isn't really that demanding, but the only resolutions I'm making is to take more vacation time, and goof off at work more.
if there's a good chance you'll live past 82, wait until you turn 70 to retire - it's a 25% boost in your SS payout IIRC

do the research

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Hello my fellow Testies, i thought it would be cool to do a new years resolutions thread, if there is already one done, ill link it here.

no rules other than try to keep it to around 2-3 :)

Lordgarretts resolutions:

1. Take more steps to get a job, at 19 its important for me to consider these IRL adulting things, and plus, who doesnt like money?

2. Get at least one certificate/award saying i can do something beneficial to a job or hobby, this would be super cool and help with my resume :)

3. Help out with the hosting of/host an event or 2 within TEST Squadron, this community means alot to me and i want to give my heart and soul to yall whenever possible ❤

now i want to hear yalls!

-Garrett

Depending on the job, Google offers some free online courses with certificates, and some tradeskills are cheap to get certified or trained on.

As for my 2022 resolution however......
survive.gif

Forgot your password?