Nomad to Carrack Upgrade path Resources?

Tactical Noodle

Captain
Jun 15, 2020
RSI Handle
TacticalNoodle
Hi, I am looking at getting a Carrack from a Nomad. I am really bad with the upgrade paths. Does anyone have any resources to help me decide on what path is best economically? I have $239 in store credit, was thinking about using that store credit to upgrade the nomad into something else than get a CCU for the carrack.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hi, I am looking at getting a Carrack from a Nomad. I am really bad with the upgrade paths. Does anyone have any resources to help me decide on what path is best economically? I have $239 in store credit, was thinking about using that store credit to upgrade the nomad into something else than get a CCU for the carrack.
Well dude, it really depends on what you already have for CCUs. A Carrack is what, 600? Have you been buying the Warbond CCUs that are available over the past few days? That's by far the best way to get to the 600 range for far less than 600.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
There is a Twitch streamer who figures stuff like that out...might be worth bugging him.

The dude is CarbonTails_Que, he streams with his wife, I see she is listed as streaming tomorrow...you can shoot them the question in chat...

View: https://www.twitch.tv/carbontails_gip

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Well dude, it really depends on what you already have for CCUs. A Carrack is what, 600? Have you been buying the Warbond CCUs that are available over the past few days? That's by far the best way to get to the 600 range for far less than 600.
This is the way.
Warbond Nova Tonk ccu saves you $15
Warbond Ares ccu saves you $20
Warbond Harbinger ccu saves you $20
Warbond C2 ccu saves you $40
Warbond M2 ccu saves you $40

Nomad has $80 upgrade value. With 6 days left you are at $115 in savings from sale.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
This is the way.
Warbond Nova Tonk ccu saves you $15
Warbond Ares ccu saves you $20
Warbond Harbinger ccu saves you $20
Warbond C2 ccu saves you $40
Warbond M2 ccu saves you $40

Nomad has $80 upgrade value. With 6 days left you are at $115 in savings from sale.
In addition to what Doyzer said you can also buy intermediate CCU of ships not yet released, when available.
It's longtime planning (between this ILW and next IAE and Alien week).
But if you missed the warbond mentioned above as some were available just for one day this event, you can take some of those store credit CCU, some are already available this sale.

This is also a game of patience since you will need all ships mentioned in those CCU to be released, and then complete the upgrade path.

Nomad to Hull-B
Freelancer DUR to Vulture
Vulture to Taurus or SRV
Hurricane to Vulcan
Vulcan to Corsair
Corsair to Scorpius/Ares/Santokyai
Scorpius/Ares/Santokyai to Apollo Triage
Apollo Triage to Appolo Medivac
Starfarer Gemini to Crucible/Endeavor/Hull-D
Crucible/Endeavor/Hull-D to Genesis Starliner
Prowler to Banu Merchantman

??? to Carrack (can be BMM when released or M2 if you took the warbond CCU).

Considering current price jumps rates this will save you probably above 200$

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
It's crazy how CIG has approached this. There are lots of people that got their Polaris for less than $400. Then others that have paid full price.
Here's a $390 Polaris ($15 is for the game pack), but it could have been $315 if I paid a bit more attention.
For those who have been here since the beginning they had time to stock up on CCU of previously released ships, or warbond CCU.
Unfortunately that is not my case as i returned to the game only last year :)
I bought a standalone LTI Polaris from @DirectorGunner last year at full price (750) not knowing all those tricks, and which has been since melted for the funds to be used for a 450$ CCUed Polaris.

Paying for standalone ships on grey market is not that interesting in the end, but most do not know all the tricks of building a fleet, i discovered that too late. Now i regret the many thousands i spent on grey market before knowing that, i would have had both my F8C by now if i spent that amount myself on RSI buying upgrades...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?