Oops

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hi everyone, I must apologise, I just broke Robertsspaceindustries.com because I posted common sense in the General section of Spectrum.

I think the post was downvoted so hard it broke the whole site - 502 Bad Gateway.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
common sense? As a testie? Shame! Shame! Shame!
I know, thats why I save it for the RSI forum where it acts like Kryptonite... That is if Kryptonite made Superman throw his shit up the walls.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What, no link so we can downvote your shame?

Also, what common sense?
I can't link it the sites busted...

And when I say "common sense" I mean interjecting in a discussion with a solution:

it's the kind of thing where Person A says "This feature is currently annoying" (in this case the fact you can't tell who is who)

Person B says "Well thats because Feature X is coming" (in this case scanning people)

Person A says "That feature seems a little long-winded and perhaps unnecessary and counter productive in an MMO" (In this case having to scan a player to find out they are a player)

Person A and Person B proceed to call each other retards.

I interject "In Real Live flight suits have name tags on the lapel and across the shoulders sometimes which seems to fit both fidelity and being able to tell who people are"

The apes then loose their shit and the whole site went to hell.

EDIT - Ahhh, great it's been deleted now anyway. No bloody point trying to help out in the Spectrum General section.

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
EDIT - Ahhh, great it's been deleted now anyway. No bloody point trying to help out in the Spectrum General section.
Sorry for bringing more common sense to already quite disturbed thread ... but as according to you the whole thing happened right before 502 .. it could be that your post didn't make it to latest incremental backup and was lost during restore (

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Sorry for bringing more common sense to already quite disturbed thread ... but as according to you the whole thing happened right before 502 .. it could be that your post didn't make it to latest incremental backup and was lost during restore (
I would agree with you if it were not for the fact that when the forum came back up I was replying to the thread when it was deleted and the whole thread is gone, not just my post.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I interject "In Real Live flight suits have name tags on the lapel and across the shoulders sometimes which seems to fit both fidelity and being able to tell who people are"
CIG could just put bogus nametags on NPCs

then you would need to do a Turing test to tell NPCs from Players

so how is your solution Common Sense?

TESTicularity preserved

Forgot your password?