Org Hangar! [Idris fully funded!] [Orion - pending] [Hull-c - Pending]

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
What is the org hangar?

At the moment we do not have too many details on how this game mechanic will work, but we do know that there will be a org hangar that TEST members may have access to.

We aim to stock our hangar with multi-crew ships that will not be easy for individuals to attain on their own early in the game.

The Idris, Hull C and Orion mining ship are the primary ships we are aiming to acquire at the moment.

Why buy the ships now if you can get them in the game?

As a large organization, we will most likely be able to afford the ships listed above within 6-8 weeks of the persistent universe launch.

If we aim to establish a foothold in certain contested and valuable areas, we will need every resource we have on day one.

Acquiring these ships now is by no means critical to our long term success, but it will be helpful in the early opening weeks.

Can I make a large contribution towards a specific ship?

Yes you can! Contact me directly through the PM system and I will be sure to note your contribution. If you would like to have a special level of access to the ship, we can discuss the particulars in person.

Why did you buy an 890 Jump?

Because Im an idiot that is easily manipulated by pretty pictures of shiny internet spaceships.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The Idris-P, now that it is Frigate sized, will be a critical ship to have early in the game.

I have it on good authority that the Idris will be coming back on sale, most likely when the final model is released into Arena Commander.

As both an Organization flagship and party frigate, we will make good use of it in the opening weeks of the game!

EDIT 4PM OCT 13

IDRIS-P IS FULL FUNDED WITHIN 24HRS!
IT IS WITH GREAT PLEASURE THAT I ANNOUNCE OUR FIRST OFFICIAL FLAG SHIP HAS BEEN FULLY FUNDED WITHIN 24hrs!

Idris-P-funded.png

Chrizz was late to the party, but I told him I would include him anyway! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: o-BHG-o and chrizz

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Wave 4 ships:

• MISC Endeavor-class Research Platform – The MISC Endeavor is the company’s most prestigious ship: a dedicated research platform capable of carrying a dozen different space science packages, running the gamut from advanced long-range scanners for jump point identification to additional shielding for near-stellar corona research. Externally, the Endeavor is dotted with sensor hardpoints; internally, the main compartment is centered on a large research laboratory which can be configured for use by a wide range of scientific disciplines. The Endeavor’s main compartment is modular, allowing an alternate configuration as a Hope-class floating hospital. This variant is employed by the UEE and other organizations as battlefield support, capable of getting Marines and pilots back to the battle as quickly as possible! When outfitted as a hospital, the Endeavor’s docking bay is capable of maintaining a single Cutlass Red ambulance. The Endeavor has also found its way into the service of less reputable organizations, where it can has been modified for everything from narcotics production to black market surgery.

• Anvil Aerospace Crucible – A so-called “flying toolbox,” the Crucible is the ship you want on your side when you suffer an asteroid collision or survive a pirate attack! Structurally, the Crucible consists of a cockpit, drive unit and workshop. The Crucible’s workshop is versatile: it can be used as a base for conducting EVA repairs (complete with requisite tool storage) or it can use magnetic grapplers to attach directly to a ship hull. In this situation, the workshop actually opens to space and allows a repair crew direct access to a damaged ship. The workshop can either maintain artificial gravity or allow for zero-g repair operations, depending on the needs of the mission. The Crucible’s cockpit is also outfitted with an array of repair tools, including dual purpose mounts that can exchange weapons for tractor beams and remote manipulator arms. The Crucible is also part of a larger planned repair system. For larger project, independent sections of support struts and drive units, called the Miller ERS (External Repair Structure), can be locked together to form a sort of scaffolding around a damaged starship, the next best thing to an orbital drydock. A standard ERS unit includes a small drive, thrusters, magnetic attach points and modular hardpoints for mounting tractor beams, repair tools or weapons. ERS segments each have a code defining their shape (P1 = Straight section, P2= Left turn, P3 = Right turn, etc.) with the multiple layouts allowing extensive zero-gravity construction as necessary. In the case of damaged capital ships, like the Navy’s Bengal carriers, hundreds of ERS units might be formed into a latticework serviced by a dozen or more Crucibles.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
ORG HANGAR

Funded by: Dalarast, ZeroKool, Dortz, KrillFriend, Designated Drunk, o-BHG-0, Rogesh,
Crashman, Krystal. (If I left anybody out, let me know!)

Last edited:

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Very excited!

Thanks to everybody for all the support so far!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
how about the CLAW? is it not our main focus too? I mean salvaging?
Yes, we have several members that already own these that will be lending them to us, plus our early focus in the game will be to acquire the most needed ships.

If anybody here has a Reclaimer and is considering melting it for some other ship, let us know first before you do anything!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Seems like a pretty cool idea, although I have to wonder how the permissions will work if we have (for example) 50 people splitting the cost semi-evenly. Even if you can crew it with 30 people, thats still almost half the homies left out.

Plus, who gets to fly it? Who's gonna chip in for the upgrades, ammo and fuel? I wouldn't really be all about shelling out some dosh to pimp it out in game if its constantly on loan to someone.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Seems like a pretty cool idea, although I have to wonder how the permissions will work if we have (for example) 50 people splitting the cost semi-evenly. Even if you can crew it with 30 people, thats still almost half the homies left out.

Plus, who gets to fly it? Who's gonna chip in for the upgrades, ammo and fuel? I wouldn't really be all about shelling out some dosh to pimp it out in game if its constantly on loan to someone.
Simple answer: Everyone gets a 5 minute turn to fly the ship, even in battle and we just round robin it from there.

Madfish

Captain
Aug 10, 2014
RSI Handle
dottedfish
ok nice plan.

OT: can somebody with photo editing machismo edit my Wall-E avatar with TEST logo :)
Yeah that is OT alright. :p

Post in the media section and if possible provide a higher res version if it has to be this exact pic. Colors and contrast is washed out and would have to be corrected.

On the topic: good idea. Especially the buy in stuff as that will eventually lead to teams forming up to actually fly these things.

Forgot your password?