Orion or Reclaimer?(I have enough beer for now)

Orion or Reclaimer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Had my heart set on a Reclaimer at first, but I'm starting to wonder if there isn't more rocks than wrecks in the 'verse! I know nothing about operating costs versus profit potential for either ship. The only basis I have to make a sound business decision is, the Reclaimer looks cooler.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Theres allways the MISC Prospector

im gonna work my way to the Orion and get my Reclaimer this friday :smile:
I think that's gonna be my intro to mining.
Although I am getting kinda itchy for the Orion.
And the Reclaimer has been one of my fantasy ships. I'd call it the Fred Sanford.
Shit, here comes that feeling again.
"Honey, have you seen my wallet?"

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
BTW, Are ship melts now only one way? I saw a red disclaimer when I was investigating an exchange for store credit to possibly buy an Orion. I don't recall this being stated before. Of course I'm sober now so maybe I didn't notice it before.

Reactions: Blind Owl

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
You are not the only one.

Everybody has Exploration covered with the Carrack, it's which of the OTHER big industry ships you go with.

The Reclaimer is without doubt the best model, more guns, point defence, that big claw, drones etc.

But how much money is it going to make?

Is the endeavour an Option? Maybe, but you can't do anything with a $350 Endeavor, it's a $500 dollar ship before you can do anything with it.

The cruicible, great idea, but kind of limited game play wise, you either camp out near high traffic areas so people know where you are, or you tag along in a fleet action, or you leave it parked till you find something salvageable.

For me, the Orion is the only one that nails down a consistent income so, that's what I am leaning towards myself.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
This is what I see. The red warning has me scratching my head.
Was this always the wording they used? It's been a while since I melted a ship. Just wanted to make sure I don't fuck this up.

"ATTENTION
This is the last pledge in your account with ALPHA ACCESS. If you go through with this operation, you will permanently lose access to all alpha modules.

You are about to reclaim your Standalone Ship - Anvil Gladiator - Military Sale pledge. This will delete the pledge from your account and give you $165.00 USD in store credits.

WARNING!
This action is PERMANENT and cannot be undone.

Purchases made using store credits are account bound and non giftable.

Type in your password to confirm:"

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
but you can't do anything with a $350 Endeavor, it's a $500 dollar ship before you can do anything with it.
I agree. i was very interested in the Endeavor series when it was introduced. But I'd have to push the add ons to close to $800-$900 to see any use for it to me.

For me, the Orion is the only one that nails down a consistent income so, that's what I am leaning towards myself.
Again I agree. I'm thinking of making the jump on this. I just gotta make up my mind before they pull it to put up the Drake ships.

LumpySkin

Vice Admiral
Sep 23, 2016
RSI Handle
LumpySkin
If you are melting your package that has the game tied to it you will loose access to SC and Electronic Access. I highly recommend that you do not melt that package unless you want to buy another starter package in its place.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
If you are melting your package that has the game tied to it you will loose access to SC and Electronic Access. I highly recommend that you do not melt that package unless you want to buy another starter package in its place.
No packages. Just stand alones.
My original package is for the Omega. I ain't ever getting rid of that one.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
This is my game plan! Just bought the Orion, will get prospector and Reclaimer later this week. Hoping to have ships for almost any type of task. Anyone who doesn't want to buy the ship but help me crew mine are more than welcome. :beers:
I've seen you crash the sheeeeeit out of a Beerfarer. Point of fact, I have a screenshot of it:

You can be my captain any time!

Forgot your password?