RSI Handle
mgk
yowsa

Horus Taber

Commander
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Horus_T
Lol it is pretty big and I fully understand how it will be a juicy target which is why I would recommend to anyone planning on flying one to do so with a nice group of people.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
This has inspired me "Orion: Aurora carrier" replace the cargo compartments with a docking pad that the Auroras can connect with. you could fit one on each side for 24 Aurora quick release. Sunblot on a stick!

Reactions: CaptainRichard

Horus Taber

Commander
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Horus_T
This has inspired me "Orion: Aurora carrier" replace the cargo compartments with a docking pad that the Auroras can connect with. you could fit one on each side for 24 Aurora quick release. Sunblot on a stick!
If we could mod it like that that would be pretty cool!

Horus Taber

Commander
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Horus_T
Ya this thing is just huge and I think the second video puts into perspective the kind of presence a single ORION can have on a site.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I just hope we see some smaller mining ship, or mining equipment that can be mounted to smaller ships. Like a swarm of locust stripping a field bare, imagine or a horde of Auroras with mining laser ferrying ore back to Mama Orion. It fills me with joy just to imagine.

Horus Taber

Commander
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Horus_T
I just hope we see some smaller mining ship, or mining equipment that can be mounted to smaller ships. Like a swarm of locust stripping a field bare, imagine or a horde of Auroras with mining laser ferrying ore back to Mama Orion. It fills me with joy just to imagine.
That would be an amazing site!

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
There is no reason why there should not be a prospector ship. One used to find the ore before mining. Geologists and groundwater hydrologists always go in first before any drilling or mining starts.

Horus Taber

Commander
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Horus_T
There is no reason why there should not be a prospector ship. One used to find the ore before mining. Geologists and groundwater hydrologists always go in first before any drilling or mining starts.
I think that is what you'd use an exploring ship with advanced sensors for. Though a dedicated survey ship would be interesting.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
I now feel overwhelmingly inadequate in my Caterpillar.
Its ok, she said is not the size, its how you use it.
And I'm a little salty I missed the Reclaimer Concept sale, the ship is just massive.
Still, I will settle for the Carrack and Orion LTI, and earn the rest in game.

Forgot your password?