Our fleet..

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
..do we have an idea of our current fleet/size?
This isn't that type of group. Either CIG will integrate something that tells us just how many ships are in the fleet, or we just won't know. No point in asking, there's too many people and most don't answer or care. Some of them actually lie. It doesn't matter though, we won't really be doing anything big on a coordinated scale. This org is less of a clan, and more of a resource for people to get together as a community.

If you meant how many PEOPLE there are, in Star citizen, it's over 800.

There are several other games we have a presence in that put our membership in the thousands.

Last edited:

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
You're certainly not the first to ask, nor will you be the last.

Trying to gauge our community through polls on the forums or Google Docs have all just ended essentially the same, not everyone participates. Like GG said, once we get the fleet view from RSI, we'll have a good idea of where we stack up.

However, fleet size doesn't mean much when we may be limited by how many people, not ships, are in an instance. For example, you might have 4 people in a Connie piloting and manning turrets and another 5 on board for a boarding party. You've now effectively crippled your potential fleet size by 8 because you could've fielded 8 more ships for what is in the Connie. This is what I've heard and not a hard-fast policy that RSI will implement.

It does make you think about how to defend or attack a Bengal or other cap ships if they've got a full complement of crew, but I digress.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
You're certainly not the first to ask, nor will you be the last.

Trying to gauge our community through polls on the forums or Google Docs have all just ended essentially the same, not everyone participates. Like GG said, once we get the fleet view from RSI, we'll have a good idea of where we stack up.

However, fleet size doesn't mean much when we may be limited by how many people, not ships, are in an instance. For example, you might have 4 people in a Connie piloting and manning turrets and another 5 on board for a boarding party. You've now effectively crippled your potential fleet size by 8 because you could've fielded 8 more ships for what is in the Connie. This is what I've heard and not a hard-fast policy that RSI will implement.

It does make you think about how to defend or attack a Bengal or other cap ships if they've got a full complement of crew, but I digress.
I think it's going to go by ships. Around 100 ships, as I remember. Individual people aren't so hard to do, but the ships are. So we get to pack 7 suicide cheerleaders + pilot into every aurora I guess.

Tilorop

Space Marshal
Jul 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Tilorop
I'm looking forward to participate in a Bengal takedown (and guard it) when we get to it. We should be enough players in theory to occupy one for atleast some time.

Ohgod, can't wait for this game to go live.

Reactions: Walex and Gelafogo

Gelafogo

Lieutenant
Jul 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Gelofogo
First thing I do after finishing S42 is to go to deep space and look for a Bengal to repair/take over. In the name of TEST, of course.

Rids-frinic

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Rids-frinic
I think it's going to go by ships. Around 100 ships, as I remember. Individual people aren't so hard to do, but the ships are. So we get to pack 7 suicide cheerleaders + pilot into every aurora I guess.
Um.... can i uh... volunteer to be a Meat Shield? I will sell my hornet if necessary and buy an Aurora. Or just have both. Meat shield.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Um.... can i uh... volunteer to be a Meat Shield? I will sell my hornet if necessary and buy an Aurora. Or just have both. Meat shield.
I like this idea. Who needs shields when you can just strap people (dead AND alive) to your hull?

Hey, it worked in Serenity after all...

Forgot your password?