Overload (apologies for wrong forum location & now a double post)

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
TL;DR up front. I have been thoroughly enjoying this game, so I thought I'd share. Overload is hell of a good time. You fly around with 6dof in Descent style maps pew pewing things. Check it out.

I think many of you guys would enjoy Overload. It is a 6dof shooter being made by the developers of Descent. If you liked Descent, you will love Overload. It is in Early Access right now, about halfway through its EA span (build 0.55). Currently, there is a training level, a demo level, 3 story missions, and 8 levels to play Challenge Mode on available. They are about to drop build 0.6 in the next week or so (monthly updates), which will bring more of the story missions and Challenge Mode levels. I have spent most of my 22 hours so far in the Challenge Mode levels (don't want to spoil a full playthrough, I've only played the story missions twice to check for bugs). The Challenge Mode is great fun.

There is a free playable teaser available on Steam which gives access to the Training and Demo levels, I highly recommend everyone check it out (it's free, DO IT :D).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/450220/Overload_Playable_Teaser_20/
If you like it, think about supporting the dev's. There have been many attempts to imitate the Descent feel, none have really succeeded (imo), until now. These are the guys who started it all, and they've proven that they've still got it. This game oozes passion, the feeling is just perfect.

My Steam review:
Like everyone before me has said, if you have fond memories of Descent, this game is certainly for you. I ended up purchasing the game as soon as I played through the demo level for the first time. Twas love at first play.
The controls feel great. The level design is great (from what I've seen so far). The map design is great (seriously, this is how you make a player map). The sound effects are great. The music is great. The enemy design is awesome. The weapons feel really meaty and fun to use. The game overall just FEELS good, ya know? Doesn't hurt that it runs flawlessly on my rig. Maybe I'm hitting the nostalgia feelings hard, but I am in love with this already. Can't wait to see where the dev's take it.

*update* controls - I just purchased a HOTAS setup the other day and this game works beautifully with it. There is no going back to m+kb after having experienced this game with a HOTAS. That's not to say the m+kb contol's aren't phenomenal, they are, but wow is this game a blast with a joystick and throttle. This is probably the best EA purchase I've made. The game is brilliant.

** Now playing with dual joysticks. EXCELLENT.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
A note on controls: I am not sure the max number of inputs it can handle, I have tried it with both HOTAS and dual sticks. It recognizes my gear by name (if not running TARGET-with hotas, if I am its J1-dual sticks) and setting up controls could not be easier. I have not personally come across anyone in the forums running pedals in addition, but "people have said that people said" it works just fine.

By this point I think I have fanboy'd enough, so I'll shut up and let the game speak for itself. I figure most of you guys would enjoy it.

Link to full game
http://store.steampowered.com/app/448850/Overload/

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well shit, thought I could delete this, so i posted it in other games, now I've got two.

Sorry guys xD
That's perfect, we love screwed up thread posting that is the TEST way, good on ya, now you truly are a TEST member....

CHEERS! :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers:

Last edited:
Forgot your password?