Paintball

DarkSnake

Space Marshal
May 5, 2017
RSI Handle
DarkSnake
Anyone else here enjoy the sport?

I'm looking at getting back into it after a break of 5-6 years or so. I only do scenario/woodsball myself. Looking into upgrading some gear and getting back into it as I do miss it.

Reactions: Irishnutcase

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I used to play a few years ago as well. However, after many years, I have lost interest in the sport as none of my friends play anymore. I still have my 2007 Proto Matrix Rail gun which I never use.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
Played for a couple years when I was in the Army, but haven't played more than a couple times in the last 20 years. Loved it when I was doing it. Almost my whole section played together. We did pretty well being we already had a command structure and trained together for a living.

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
I play at a field on base, it's not a very large field but is divided between speed-ball, woods-ball, and a small mock-village that we've been gradually improving. I usually use a Tippmann 98 customized to look like an AK-47 with a folding stock to keep it fair against rental markers, or when I feel lazy or want to balance things a bit I'll use a JT Impulse.

DarkSnake

Space Marshal
May 5, 2017
RSI Handle
DarkSnake
I play at a field on base, it's not a very large field but is divided between speed-ball, woods-ball, and a small mock-village that we've been gradually improving. I usually use a Tippmann 98 customized to look like an AK-47 with a folding stock to keep it fair against rental markers, or when I feel lazy or want to balance things a bit I'll use a JT Impulse.
I mean, the 98Cs never die, they're solid for what they are. I have the "Project Salvo" version

SneakyPete

Captain
Donor
Feb 18, 2017
RSI Handle
Wolfpack9
I built the Course at Fort Irwin we ran it for a year before we were told to take the Concertina out. We did as instructed and used a more environmentally friendly cactus barrier instead. That was in 06-07 I designed another course outside of Yuma Proving grounds. That was a bitch of a course fatal funnels and high ground everywhere.

Designing them is fun going through them with unregulated guns not so much fun. Pain is an effective training tool. We had a tourney at Fort Riley that got pretty big. I enjoyed it. Haven't done much in it since 07

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Thar she be, I also put a harder spring with a small washer on the guide-rod, so the spring has a lot more tension on it. It's worn out a bit over time so I'll have to replace that spring eventually, but when I first did it and test fired it, it was above 300FPS (Our field limit). I had literally broken the logic of the 98C at our field and it was glorious being able to reach out and touch people who thought they were safe.

DarkSnake

Space Marshal
May 5, 2017
RSI Handle
DarkSnake
Thar she be, I also put a harder spring with a small washer on the guide-rod, so the spring has a lot more tension on it. It's worn out a bit over time so I'll have to replace that spring eventually, but when I first did it and test fired it, it was above 300FPS (Our field limit). I had literally broken the logic of the 98C at our field and it was glorious being able to reach out and touch people who thought they were safe.
Nice. I know a dude who had some insane 98C that was modded out like a SAW to shoot nearly 30 BPS... It was loud as fuck and it broke down all the time, but when it worked it was hilarious.

Forgot your password?