Phoenix + Hull C or a Hull E?

Which option?

• Phoenix + Hull C: Better mileage, and the Phoenix update will be TITS!

• Hull E: I'll definitely help crew on occasion!

• Hull E: I may help crew sometimes

• Hull E: Get your own damned crew!

• I don't have a response.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
Hey all!

Need some input; I currently have a Phoenix and a Hull C. However, the more I look at the Hull E, I think it may warrant cashing them out to grab that instead.

On the upside, I get a MASSIVE freighter, truly massive. Roles for that would be mass transport for the Corps as well as for myself once I've amassed enough wealth to fill it to the brim with cargo. Plus, there's talk in the QA about having manned modules for the Hull D and E, so there's the possibility of being able to branch out it's roles slightly. Another use would be in support of the Rock Raiders hauling Ore and Salvage.

On the downside, I lose a Phoenix. But honestly, I'm not overly impressed by it. I know, the graphics update is coming, and it would be online soon to fly, but overall it's just meh. No gritty feel, too much luxury. Thought it might be fun to own, but not digging it. I could possibly save it and sell in the Verse later, as it will continue to be a limited ship, but I'm wondering if starting out with a mega hauler might be better if only to get a jump start in the PU on massive cash runs.

Corp thoughts? Would anyone even want to help crew this beasty on occasion? UEC slices of the metaphorical pie, as a matter of course :p

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
This is a biased opinion, but I firmly stand by my signature. *see below*

Reactions: Bishop

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Stick with what you got, don't waste your money. I've flown the Andromeda in 2.0 PTU and I'm already impressed by what I've seen, even with all the glitches and crashes. I think you will be, too, once 2.0 goes to Live.

Pandoz

Grand Admiral
Mar 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Pandoz
I'm a Connie owner, so I am also biased. That being said, I think the two ships you have are a much easier "starter set" in the PU. To load up a Hull E will take quite a massive amount of equipment/resources.

Additionally, the Connie gives you the option to go into contested space whereas the hull is a bit more "fragile" (mainly due to speed/size) and definitely a more sought after target.

-Pandoz

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
Your current set up is more tits than consolidating to a single one trick pony. I think you should stick with the Phoenix + Hull. All bases covered, including passenger transport in case you want to go that route as well.

HarmlessDecoy

Lieutenant
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
HarmlessDecoy
I went with the -E and the Phoenix myself. Not sure what I'm going to use the Phoenix for but I have hopes for its redemption eventually.

As for why... imagine the hole you can make when you crash an -E into something!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Phoenix. Put joystick in hot tub, fly ship with dual stick setup.

Reactions: maynard

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
the logistics alone just to make a hull e run i don't even wanna think about. i don't see hull e runs happening very often imo

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I picked the Hull C / Phoenix for you, I have a feeling that the Hull E will require alot cargo/credits to even use properly.

Hull C still allows you to run good loads of cargo for cash, and you always have the Phoenix for luxery runs / combat if need to

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I voted for tits
Phoenix. Put joystick in hot tub, fly ship with dual stick setup.
electrocuting yourself would be the least of your worries

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
Thanks for the input all, stuck with Phoenix and Hull C :P Not even sure how you could procure 100k SCU in cargo anyways hehe. Can always upgrade later in the Verse

Forgot your password?