Pirate Swarm Beaten!

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
I'm having the same problem, best team I've had yet last member was out in round 15. I managed to get through16 and a few kills in 17 before I got rekt. Most times we can't get past 7 it seems. Those cutlasses and wardens have some serious armor.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
My first (and only) fight in 2.6 was Pirate Swarm with 3 Broadswords and the Revenant. I had good company, 2 other Hornets, and finished wave 18 alone. The Revenant is good when shooting at a target point blank, but spin up takes time. The Broadswords are too slow. I must get used to the fact that I can't fly full throttle anymore. Speed control is more important in 2.6 to stay on your target.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
My first (and only) fight in 2.6 was Pirate Swarm with 3 Broadswords and the Revenant. I had good company, 2 other Hornets, and finished wave 18 alone. The Revenant is good when shooting at a target point blank, but spin up takes time. The Broadswords are too slow. I must get used to the fact that I can't fly full throttle anymore. Speed control is more important in 2.6 to stay on your target.
I'm doing this solo and can't seem to get past wave 15 and one of the NPC allies won't come back after she dies once which means I have less fodder.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'm doing this solo
I'm doing this public. Hmmm, I just noticed that the Pirate Caterpillar is the unlock price. I better pickup an upgrade from Caterpillar to Pirate Caterpillar, just in case it is limited or somebody wants to have one. @Blind Owl, interested in a Pirate Caterpillar CCU?

[EDIT] Yeap, limited, only 1 CCU available. Now I must try it again, but this time with (for me) better weapons.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I'm doing this public. Hmmm, I just noticed that the Pirate Caterpillar is the unlock price. I better pickup an upgrade from Caterpillar to Pirate Caterpillar, just in case it is limited or somebody wants to have one. @Blind Owl, interested in a Pirate Caterpillar CCU?

[EDIT] Yeap, limited, only 1 CCU available. Now I must try it again, but this time with (for me) better weapons.
I'm interested! But I want to earn the badge.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
To earn the badge you need good company, repeaters to get the M50s, Gladius and 350Rs and heavy guns to get the Vanguards and Cutlasses. If your company can't last long, then you will be blasted out of the sky.
I want to do it on my own. Just need to be better.
Made it to wave 15 again and died again for the last time.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Then you must bring enough firepower to deal with the Cutlasses and Vanguards, but no slow cannons, otherwise the M50s and Gladiuses will rip you apart.
The fit I really want to bring and use I can't because we can't regroup weapons. If I could I'd use 3 gimbal badgers as group 1 with a c-788 cannon as group 2 for the cutlass and vanguards.

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
I've made it to 17 again twice using 3 mantis and the revenant, ammo was a concern. But really key again for me was losing teammates. I rented a cutlass and when I get back in town in cpl days thinking of trying that with 2 mantis on the turret and repeaters up front. That turret is remote operated isn't it like the sh?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Oh and a nice tactic I've had luck with dealing with m50 pirates is when a bunch get on you turbo carefully around that big asteroid right up against the boundary. Often they will lose control and hit the boundary. My best so far has been 5 dead at once this way
Adiran and I cut an engine off one of the pirate connies on wave 16 and it drifted into the barrier.

BenjiMac

Commander
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
macFionnlagh
Managed it this afternoon.. only just though... , Super hornet with a stock loadout.

Teammates were a Sabre, a wildfire and a mustang that died almost immediately. It's no easy task with the TTK now and aside from good teammates they need to have tough ships with good loadout. Happy to team up with other TESTies to attack it again but I'm nothing special and coasted a little on the work of the two sabre teammates to be honest.

but finally, the pirate cat is mine!

Forgot your password?