Planet Bound

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Just thinking that if i wanted too, i could just buy ground vehicles and never leave whichever planet i wanted to live on.
Literally never leave the ground again.

Set up shop somewhere and scrape out a living.....be a big waste but i could do it.

Seeing how focused the PU is on exploration and adventure....the design of the game naturally encourages you to want to explore, i wonder if enough content would be available for the few people who choose to live on 1 world......

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I suppose you could out source delivery missions to other people and make small profits, theres no land mining vehicles (yet) but that would be good

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
There are land plots ect so you will be able to build a base. Just find a super earth and there will be plenty to do. You can provide a ground base for the fleet.

Reactions: Deroth and Scape

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
finding where to farm or mine would be a helluva lot faster with a ship

but you could sell it after you found a place to settle

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm hoping eventually (maybe made after the game is finished) there will be a super-basic starter package for like $20 which starts you out with 5000 UEC and a smile in the arrivals lounge in a city on some planet like Arc Corp or Terra, or maybe just the size of Lorville, and you have to literally start from the ground up.

Start off on foot doing delivery missions. You get enough for a dragonfly and can do cycle courier. You get enough for an 85X or an Argo and can then do taxi missions and near orbit work. Finally you earn enough for an Aurora and go out into the 'Verse from there.

Even if they made only one full 100% full access city, out of all the cities and star systems that there will be, that would still be one hell of a place to start off with a super-basic starter package, and could probably give players a lifetime of play without leaving the surface. :)

Reactions: Scape and Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Since there is the land claim system in the works I would be surprised if they don't implement features that make it feasible for someone to spend all their time working on a single planet.

Reactions: Scape

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I wonder if you could set yourself up as some kind of land developer/real estate agent at some point. Get a land claim, set up a farm or something, then sell it off to the next player. rinse and repeat

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I'm hoping eventually (maybe made after the game is finished) there will be a super-basic starter package for like $20 which starts you out with 5000 UEC and a smile in the arrivals lounge in a city on some planet like Arc Corp or Terra, or maybe just the size of Lorville, and you have to literally start from the ground up.

Start off on foot doing delivery missions. You get enough for a dragonfly and can do cycle courier. You get enough for an 85X or an Argo and can then do taxi missions and near orbit work. Finally you earn enough for an Aurora and go out into the 'Verse from there.

Even if they made only one full 100% full access city, out of all the cities and star systems that there will be, that would still be one hell of a place to start off with a super-basic starter package, and could probably give players a lifetime of play without leaving the surface. :)
That would be Hardcore setting....ultimate grind, help from an Org wouldnt hurt too 👍

Forgot your password?