Point Defense Storage Bunker on Hurston?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
you mean this / these?
https://testsquadron.com/threads/lorville-landmarks.14804/

I went out and found the site "A2" because I figured it would be the easiest. I found it fairly quickly, but you really had to be low to the ground and searching hard for it. The trash mounds and other things cast shadows that can interfere with what you expect the buildings to look like. You are going to gave to go low (below 1000m, lower is better) and use the old Mk. I Eyeball. Probably best to take along a couple of friends, get to an area, fan out, and do a methodical search.

Nijal_Lun

Vice Admiral
Dec 5, 2018
RSI Handle
Nijal_Lun
you mean this / these?
https://testsquadron.com/threads/lorville-landmarks.14804/

I went out and found the site "A2" because I figured it would be the easiest. I found it fairly quickly, but you really had to be low to the ground and searching hard for it. The trash mounds and other things cast shadows that can interfere with what you expect the buildings to look like. You are going to gave to go low (below 1000m, lower is better) and use the old Mk. I Eyeball. Probably best to take along a couple of friends, get to an area, fan out, and do a methodical search.

Yes that is what I was looking for! Thanks for the link

Reactions: Deroth

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Yep, those two are relatively easy to be found. In order to find A1 you have to fly towards the lake on the South-East of Lorville, assuming the main HD building is located on the North of the city; the lake is clearly visible from the air. Then you have to use a scanner to find the site. A2 is located exactly on the East of the main building. Again, a scanner should be used to find the place.

In the near future (very near) navigating around Hurston would be a little easier.

Last edited:

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
You can definitely use your scanners to locate them. Get a good scanning ship or a buddy with one to track it down. There's almost always someone playing on the Discord!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
You can definitely use your scanners to locate them. Get a good scanning ship or a buddy with one to track it down. There's almost always someone playing on the Discord!
This is the right answer. Also be aware that both outposts have the turrets and they bring the hurt. If you start getting shot and can't take the hits put the ship down just outside range and then walk the rest of the way. The turrets can be destroyed with hand weapons too and don't fire at ground targets.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Now that 3.4 left ETF and has been moved to the wave 1 PTU: there is another underground facility added in 3.4; it's located less than 100km from Stanhope outpost on Hurston. It's hard to locate it without having a mercenary mission generated at the location. It's a pretty cool site, located on top of a small hill, surrounded by the forest.

Reactions: Bambooza

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Now that 3.4 left ETF and has been moved to the wave 1 PTU: there is another underground facility added in 3.4; it's located less than 100km from Stanhope outpost on Hurston. It's hard to locate it without having a mercenary mission generated at the location. It's a pretty cool site, located on top of a small hill, surrounded by the forest.
Yes, it looks like in the PTU you get to do that satellite recovery mission we saw in the CitCon demo. Look for the "Prototype Recovery" mission, or something like that.

Nijal_Lun

Vice Admiral
Dec 5, 2018
RSI Handle
Nijal_Lun
Awesome, I've been in and out of the PTU today testing. I'll give those missions a try as I'd like to test out the delivery missions as well, see if they got them corrected.

I did take the Freelancer Mis over to the bunker, was able to find it easy enough thanks to the guide and using scanners. Unlike the video that I found on you tube, it did have npc guards in the bunker, however the feel bugged. As they just walk straight line, firing until needing to reload and never hitting me. Even with me standing right in front of them lol. Which I am sure in time AI combat will be enhanced.

Forgot your password?