• Carrack

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
If you had to choose between getting one of the two ships, which one would you choose? Don't make your choice based on your current ships. Make the decision as if you had no ships similar to these at all. And why would you choose said ship?

I know there is a massive difference between the two, but I am still curious.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Either you will be the nucleus of a fairly potent taskforce with some real punching power, or you will be a self-sufficient picard of the stars; boldly going and whatnot. Taste will determine what is best for you

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I had a carrack, because it was a biggish ship with a snub and a rover. It ticked all my boxes.
Then the polaris came about, with a hangar instead of a snub bay, and that was it for me. I was polaris all the way. For em, ti was about flexibility, and while the carrack likely will have a longer range, it's pretty well pidgeonholed into exploration and scouting, while the polaris can do picket, some armed mercantile, and other mid range tasks.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Okay I am biased as I have both in my hanger. The polaris is my one regret buying ship, its main weopons are torpedoes that are going to be hideously expensive to fire. Well it also has turrets and well we all know how shit they are they are not even as much use as week old pizza.

The carrack is a weird beast the top of the line in exploration ships coming with a rover as well. Of the two the carrack seems most obviously useful if you like exploration. Ironically I am thinking of converting my carrack into a cruicible because I have a terrapin for space exploration and like the idea of the sub type game play.

So the polaris is hideously expensive to buy (test has loads) will be expensive to man and run and fire.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I would pick both as many have said, but if I had to choose I go for the Carrack reason for that is the Polaris you can not handle on your own no matter how you do it, the Carrack on the other hand is possible to handle on one crew member but would be/work more efficient on minimum of 3 crew. Polaris I think it's somewhere around 5-7crew for it to be efficient or even more.
And yeah! you said it, they are so different and so are their purpose that they are not comparable at all.

There you have my thought on it and I totally left out their purpose for the need for crew to handle it is most important with out that purpose is irrelevant.. hence the reason I pick the Carrack.

CHEERS! :beer::beer::beers:

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I am not sure that I a remembering this right, but doesn't it state that the carrack has a repair shop in it? that would allow for some repairs out in the verse. plus the cargo capacity of the carrack. the ability to plot jump points and exploration, for me its a carrack and a starfarer all the way.

Forgot your password?