Rest Stop Grand Tour - 3.5 Event?

How many Rest Stop Stations have you been to?

• All of them

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Probably 3/4 of them

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Half of them

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Only a couple or less

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • None of them

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Starting with patch 3.2 CIG put the first rest stop station in. Since then with 3.3 adding Hurston we got more R&Rs put in at various locations. How many of you have been to them? Been to all of them? Some of them? Never had an interest to go look? Each one has a different internal layout. Some radically different from the others, some very similar with only minor details off.

Would any one be up for an event where we go to tour them all? Maybe take a Starfarer or other large ship and see who has the fortitude to park it in the internal hangar as we go to each one. If this is an event you'd like to see please say so below.

Rest Stop Grand Tour - Coming in 3.5?

-edit- Its expected we'll get even more rest stops with Arccorp. Could bring the number up to 11 or more. It would be a really good tour all in all.

Last edited:

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
naw, not if you got that 3rd person view while pulling into the bay. I've done it a few times without any scratches.
Yeah, the Cat is the only thing I use for the long distance transits. I park it in the rest stop and get whatever I want to use locally out. The only problem I've had was one time I oukked in just a little too far and caught the parking sensors or whatever they're called in the far wall of the hangar.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I would discourage using a Shitfarer for going to rest stops.
I tried doing so, but after landing successfully I attempted to refuel. At this point it started bouncing around the inside of the hanger until it clipped through the walls causing massive damage to the ship and trapping me inside the ship until I shut the game off.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I would discourage using a Shitfarer for going to rest stops.
I tried doing so, but after landing successfully I attempted to refuel. At this point it started bouncing around the inside of the hanger until it clipped through the walls causing massive damage to the ship and trapping me inside the ship until I shut the game off.
Weird. That's never happened to me in 3.4.x

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Been to all of them, and I'm actually using them to spawn Starfarer, a.k.a Backdoor-Lover-Ship, as this is the only way to board it without running to the rear ramp like crazy while looking nervously around, trying to spot any thieves.

As for using Starfarer for the Rest Stop tour, I'd recommend Gemini, the fastest QT-jumping ship in game at the moment.

And I can teach anyone how to park the tanker at the truck stop, if anyone's interested -- see the beginning and end of the video below : )

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Been to all of them, and I'm actually using them to spawn Starfarer, a.k.a Backdoor-Lover-Ship, as this is the only way to board it without running to the rear ramp like crazy while looking nervously around, trying to spot any thieves.

As for using Starfarer for the Rest Stop tour, I'd recommend Gemini, the fastest QT-jumping ship in game at the moment.

And I can teach anyone how to park the tanker at the truck stop, if anyone's interested -- see the beginning and end of the video below : )

Talk to me when you can fly that thing towards the bay decoupled, rotate 180 degrees and back it in with just enough braking thrust to neatly stop it in the bay and then gingerly place it down on the skids. No seriously, that would be awesome to see, please let me know if you can ever do that.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Talk to me when you can fly that thing towards the bay decoupled, rotate 180 degrees and back it in with just enough braking thrust to neatly stop it in the bay and then gingerly place it down on the skids. No seriously, that would be awesome to see, please let me know if you can ever do that.
Challenge accepted.
I just need somebody to capture this ; )

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I been to them all many times, I do that as a round about trip every now and then to stretch my legs and explore to see if anything change between patches and if so what.. :D

Guess I'm a bit of curious to keep track of locations so I know what's where..

If I (can/have the time) I will go with on a trip like that, it's very relaxing and in a way it make you feel like a turist on vacation :D

CHEERS!

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?