POLL: Star Citizen 3.0 Memory Size

How much hard drive space will 3.0 take?

• 35-39 GB

• 40-44 GB

• 45-49 GB

• 50+ GB

• Too much thinking / moar beer pls

Results are only viewable after voting.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
So with 3.0 around the corner I was curious as to how much space we will need for the files on our computers. Right now Star Citizen is approx. 32 GB. How much hard drive space do you think a download of Star Citizen 3.0 will be for new folks?

Edit 1: Sorry @Blind Owl . You only get one choice. Now you will have to decide between moar beer and a guess. :P

Edit 2: Took the following from the latest ATV. Only 21 GB moar for 3.0
?

Last edited:

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I'm thinking around 40 gigs, maybe a little more. My folder is over 30 gigs now, so it's not too outlandish to think that it will jump over 40. The difference between the game world we have now on the PU to what we will have after 3.0 is pretty big.

Release will be a whole different bag of biscuits. Depending on how many systems make it in, the game folder could be exponentially bigger. Then again that all depends on how much of the assets they will store locally. They keep talking about streaming assets in so it will be interesting to see what the end results will be. There's a ton of information that will be used, so it either has to sit locally on your HD, or streamed in chewing up tons of RAM.

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
network latency wll have a bigger effect on playability than fetching assets from local storage

memory is cheap

low-lag bandwidth is priceless

Fighter

Commander
Jul 27, 2017
RSI Handle
Fighter26
Maynard above is correct - it is more about how much bandwith is needed between the game and the server, and how much latency you have to said server. More locally stored assets is moar better... save for the values for money/exp etc...

Heck, as long as they dont have 4 multi-GB patches in a single week (LOOKING AT YOU ARK) I will be happy.

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
I was actually just thinking about this the other day. I'm fulling preparing myself for it to take up 100+ GB once everything is delivered. I mean like you said we are currently at 32 GB and there isn't really much to it.

VectorWhite

Lieutenant
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
VectorWhite
I bet it's around 50gb for 3.0 and 100 for release if they only launch with 3-10 systems. Probably a lot more for a full 100+ systems.

That's all guessing and pulling stuff from my anus though...who knows.

Forgot your password?