Post IAE damage assessment survey and survivor trauma recovery peer group

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
So, another sale, and this time a right bombardment of Warbond CCUs. That hurt my wallet, especially the finale encore with all the Warbond CCUs available at the same time. Particularly since Hull C got that price bump just before, and now I simply had to get Hull C -> Reclaimer Warbond CCU. For $25, which is like, the most I've paid for a single Warbond CCU.

Anyhow, the results are in, and a long journey is concluded. I originally set to back at a level where I *might* get like one of the then $350 range ships, BMM, Hull D, Endeavor, Crucible. Or maybe two if I got nice discounts.
Well, I'm currently looking at:
$155 BMM, it would've been $100ish but I figured I actually want to put it on my game package. It'll be my most valuable possession, with the game package. I still got Legacy Alpha on the GP, so yeah, not gonna melt that.
This also distributed some of the accumulated discounts on my other ships, so now I got
$170 Hull D
$210 Endeavor
$205 Reclaimer
and something like a $30 discounted fighter. Probably a Hornet.
and then some loose CCUs and store credit that might materialize into endeavor modules or possibly an extra ship. Or turns the Reclaimer into Orion. Really can't say.
Also, not really applying the CCUs yet, the chains are complete and nothing can take them away, but there are a few concept ships still in the mix that might move up in value. They'd have to move quite a lot for me to change the chains, but, couple of them could.

Oh, and I went over my planned budget by like, 25%. Whoopsie. Surprisingly many good Warbond CCUs this year.

So, what's the damage with ya guys?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
No need to look at the expenses, its like xmas in advance ^^

Tons of CCUs here, 14 new pages with just warbond CCUs in hangar 🤓
I'll build the new toys after IAE when store credit is back in wallet.

Some spartan and paints and armor/guns

And thanks to that and the shop I'm almost 50% to Praetorian level from Wing Commander 😅

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Post IAE damage assessment:

The upside: Added a Hull E for grins (I've avoided F5 wars for this ship previously, but this year it was just sitting there waiting for me, so I said what the hell...); Upgraded to a MISC Odyssey; Upgraded to a RAFT; and added and melted a Privateer upgrade, so I have it in reserve if I decide to go that way with the Kraken.

The downside: The out-of-pocket damage about $350. Saved the wallet some by freeing up last-minute new credit to cover the rest, melting one small package and using LTI tokens waiting in another package to regain those ships. But that's one less package for future NPC creation. And I'm largely out of LTI tokens now (though have a few in buyback, which isn't really upside).

One regret: Not buying a Mako. The most unloved ship of them all. I just have a feeling that CIG will turn it into something cool eventually. But does anyone buy a Mako?

Last edited:

Flash Point

Admiral
Donor
May 19, 2020
RSI Handle
Flash_P0int
Post IAE damage assessment:

The upside: Added a Hull E for grins (I've avoided F5 wars for this ship previously, but this year it was just sitting there waiting for me, so I said what the hell...); Upgraded to a MISC Odyssey; Upgraded to 300i LTI token to a RAFT; and added and melted a Privateer upgrade, so I have it in reserve if I decide to go that way with the Kraken.

The downside: The out-of-pocket damage about $350. Saved the wallet some by freeing up last-minute new credit to cover the rest, melting one small package and using LTI tokens waiting in another package to regain those ships. But that's one less package for future NPC creation. And I'm largely out of LTI tokens now (though have a few in buyback, which isn't really upside).

One regret: Not buying a Mako. The most unloved ship of them all. I just have a feeling that CIG will turn it into something cool eventually. But does anyone buy a Mako?
I added a Hull E, along with some others, as well. I am really curious what modularity will bring to the table and what the Hull E will be capable of other than cargo transport. They mention the Hull E will be able to be modified to fulfill another role.... so who knows what that could be for a ship so large.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I went ahead & bought the Concierge Oddy, then a day later melted it to give me plenty of credit to purchase & pick up multiple other ship upgrades to cover or complete several groups of ships that I've been interested in for a while. I still have more than half of the credit left, so I'll most likely save that for the IAE.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
My wallet was saved from me...by my wife getting to it first...she got new boots and some bracelet.
Unfortunately, things made in this real world of ours almost never come with LTI. Even Dr Martins have cut back to only issuing Lifetime Insurance on only a few styles & the prices of those are usually double or triple the cost of others that are similar but don't.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
No need to look at the expenses, its like xmas in advance ^^
This. Never look at the actual damage, just pay the damn bill, haha. I bought tons of Warbond CCUs and subsequently melted most of them. Most. :glorious:

All in all, I turned the Liberator into an Odyssey, at full cost, because in-between CCUs weren't a thing. But meh, twas credit anyways.
I added a Khartu-Al from my Cutty Black for cheap like borsch.
My Argo referral bonus became a BRRRRRRRT because I love Crusader and I wanted one. That also cost me next to nothing thanks to an old hawk to Taurus CCU and an original Inferno CCU.
And I added a Cutty Blue back into the fleet after a looooong hiatus, so I have that interdiction. Again, played the CCU game, and was very much helped out when @Stevetank almost barfed at the fact I was going to settle for 120 month insurance and promptly send me an LTI Nox to prevent my settling, haha. Thanks @Stevetank! You ol' bastard you! (He's probably gunna make me pay by killing my char in DnD and making me re-roll . . .again. 🤣

TLDR:
Odyssey
Inferno
Khartu-Al
Cutty Blue
fleetview (1).jpg

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
As the Odyssey priced me out I only melted my Tonk and C2.

With the credits I got a Starfarer Gemini as sister ship to my standard Starfarer, and a CCU to an M50 to sit on until the next buyback token so I can revive an LTI donor with credit to attach the CCU to... if my credit from the C2 and Tonk doesn't stretch that far i'll either chip in the rest with IRL cash or melt my Greycat Buggy too as it never, ever shows on the ship claim terminals anyway so might as well get some value out of the thing.

So, $0 for the IAE, potentially about $12 in total once the next Buyback Token comes along... I think this is the first IAE I have not bought something with cash...

That said, I got the 400i recently and have treated myself to some SOCS socks and am waiting for Finley to arrive when they finally dispatch them so... can't really talk...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?