Post your Best Hauls

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Sometimes you get lucky too. Last week, I landed on a node of Larinite that gave me almost 22K. There was another node about 400 yards away almost as good, but my capacity was full. I landed, and while I was turning it in, crash. lovely.

Reactions: Bambooza and Scape

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
Every time I think of good haul's and crashes I think to last week. Felt lucky for some reason and wanted to get some Baranite. After about 30 mins I found a decent rock that had just over 7%. After much struggling to break it and digging through the few empty pieces that happened to land on the good stuff I got to a rock that had 20% Baranite. Got a bit more excited. Broke it apart to find 98.16% Baranite. Woot I was over joyed as I never had one that pure before. It wasn't a big chunk but it gave me 10% of my cargo and that brought me to close to half my current capacity, I knew that day was going to be glorious. I didn't even get 5 more mins of searching in before crash. I was so frustrated I didn't log in until tonight and mined Barase and Laranite instead. Not sure if it's rare to see a node that pure but it was the purest I've seen yet.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Sometimes you get lucky too. Last week, I landed on a node of Larinite that gave me almost 22K. There was another node about 400 yards away almost as good, but my capacity was full. I landed, and while I was turning it in, crash. lovely.
Shame you cant plant a tracker on the other deposit so you can come back for it.....im guessing larinite is the one to look for? Thinking of getting a prospector, going to be the best way to make money after persistence......actually i will have a read through the Rock Reports!

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Shame you cant plant a tracker on the other deposit so you can come back for it.....im guessing larinite is the one to look for? Thinking of getting a prospector, going to be the best way to make money after persistence......actually i will have a read through the Rock Reports!
Larantie is good but highly unstable. Bexalite, Tanarite(sp?) and Boarse are better.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Larantie is good but highly unstable. Bexalite, Tanarite(sp?) and Boarse are better.
Yes, Taranite, Bexalite, Borase are the top 3 for me. Laranite can have big payouts but the bigger the payout the more risky it is. If you don't have good control of the mining laser, you can find yourself in trouble. I mine a lot of Bexalite, mostly because if I end up at Lorville I don't usually feel like flying all the way back right away. But geography(??) makes it difficult to mine around Hurston's moons.

Reactions: Bambooza

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
90 minute run last night, had to fly away from a rock that left me two fractures that were over 20% pure. I was honestly expecting a 20k+ payout but it was only 14.5. 😔

Tried a twitch stream of the run, lol had up to 5 viewers at once but it's hard to keep talking about how interest it is to fly from rock to rock... especially when the scan teases with with 0.10% of Bexilite(sp).

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
Why is it difficult mining around hurstons moons?
Biggest issue being the time wasted entering and exiting Lorville atmosphere wastes time and where you sell in Lorville takes forever. It's easier and quicker to mine in the Crusader area for Taranite, Borase and Bexalite (Laranite too but highly unstable)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
90 minute run last night, had to fly away from a rock that left me two fractures that were over 20% pure. I was honestly expecting a 20k+ payout but it was only 14.5. 😔

Tried a twitch stream of the run, lol had up to 5 viewers at once but it's hard to keep talking about how interest it is to fly from rock to rock... especially when the scan teases with with 0.10% of Bexilite(sp).
Yep. Not to mention the distance you have to travel in Hurston's atmosphere. Bring a snack and a drink.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Yep. Not to mention the distance you have to travel in Hurston's atmosphere. Bring a snack and a drink.
With the number of intoxicated landing's I've had on Hurston, I'm surprised I've managed to sell as many rocks as I have. Though, it might explain why I freefall drop every time to make it go by faster, or just be more interesting.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Biggest issue being the time wasted entering and exiting Lorville atmosphere wastes time and where you sell in Lorville takes forever. It's easier and quicker to mine in the Crusader area for Taranite, Borase and Bexalite (Laranite too but highly unstable)
Arent they speeding up the time it takes to enter and exit hurston in an upcoming patch?

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Arent they speeding up the time it takes to enter and exit hurston in an upcoming patch?

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
They did say something to that effect, so we'll see how it goes. They could just leave it really. Hurston has earth like gravity so could have an atmosphere like that. It's just something you need to be aware of... it's going to take time to get out of the gravity well of a planet. I also saw where they wanted to add some stations.

Ultimately I would like them to design things only once. They do far too much re-coding.

Reactions: Scape

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
it might explain why I freefall drop every time to make it go by faster, or just be more interesting.
I freefall sometimes, when I'm bored... I can't drink for about the next 4 or 5 months, so that's all I get for now. The trip down is not too bad, and in a prospector it's a chance to get some refueling done in the magic atmosphere.

Reactions: Scape
Forgot your password?