Predator XB1 (not an Alien movie) the montier.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Hello!

I was thinking to buy a new pretty monitor with red LEDs.
I was thinking of the predator XB1 from ACER, always wanted 4K, and I got a great deal on this.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/predator-model/UM.PX1EE.001
What's your thought on it?
Full disclosure: I have no clue if this is a decent or great or bad 4K monitor! I only know that before I'd buy a 4K monitor, I'd ask myself these basic questions:
1. do I have the hardware to play the games in 4K ?
2. is the minimal improvement in visuals, considering todays shitty console ports for games and shitty compressed movies/videos, really worth the cost for a low refresh rate 4K monitor?
3. do I play fast or slow games more? what is more important, the increased image fidelity, or a smoother experience of a high refresh-rate HD monitor at 120-240Hz?

I got the cheapest fullHD Acer IPS panel I could find 2 years ago, and it has decent enough colors that I do my CGI/VFX work on it, and no one complained yet. So I guess that 4K model can't be that bad either!

I'm sure others will share more informed opinions on wether you should buy a monitor with G-Sync like this one or Freesync, or N-Sync...

I'd go for a fast response 120hz 4k if there was one, and if I could afford a PC that could use it to it's max. But then again, I don't have that money, and also as a Test Squardon member I'm obligated to spend that money on Beers. So, sorry I couldn't help. Choose wisely!
Cheers! :beers:

Reactions: Radegast74

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
Just check out what your video card can do in (your favorite) games on 4k.. and if you can live with those fps/quality settings, and you have the money to 'throw' away on a high end gaming monitor(a.k.a. high premiums for little gains).. go for it!

Forgot your password?