Predictions for 3.1 testing/release schedule.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED, WAVE 1 RELEASED TO PTU March 20, 2018

Make your predictions. Winner receives bragging rights, and if I can pull it off, 1000 aUEC sometime in early April. I say sometime because of unknown work schedules and 2 8th dan kendo sensei visiting my dojo the first week of April. However, the only guaranteed prize is bragging rights.

I will make my predictions, but they will not count towards any prizes. I am not eligible to win. To be eligible, you must have joined TEST SQUADRON prior to March 16, 2018 and be a current affiliate or full member of TEST SQUADRON.

First person to post gets that set of dates, one entry per person.
Dates are:
1) Date or initial release of 3.1 to the PU
2) Date first wave of testers are invited to PTU
3) Date second wave of testers are invited to PTU
4) Date all backers are invited to PTU.

With the exception of number 1, dates can either be a date, or “will not happen”, meaning that particular event will not occur. So, 4) will not happen means they go directly from wave 2 to release to the live (PU) servers. Number 1 must have a date. Will not happen counts as a reserved date for purposes of uniqueness.

all entries must be posted before the first wave of PTU testing invites go out (made at least the day before)

If no one gets all 4 dates correct, it goes to tie breaker.

Winner is the one who gets the most dates correct. In the event the highest number of correct guesses is tied (for instance, no one gets it all, but 2 people get three), then the first missed date shall lose the tie breaker. Example, both get live release date correct, but person 1 gets wave 1 correct, missed wave 2, and gets everyone invited to test correct. Person 2 missed wave one, but got wave 2 and all invited to PTU correct. In this example, person 1 wins.

If both people missed the same invite wave, the person closest to the correct date wins. if equidistant, the person who posted first wins. If a person chooses does not happen vs the date another person chooses, does not happen will always be considered further out in terms of the date calculation.

For purposes of the prediction pool, all dates are based on the current date in Eastern Daylight Time at the time of the announcement/invitation.

My guesses (can be duplicated as I am not eligible)
1) March 29, 2) March 23, 3) March 27, 4) March 28
1) yes, 2) beer 3) more beer 4) we are @Blind Owl - Printimus
1) April 9, 2) April 20, 3) Will Not Happen, 4) April 30 - Stickx1307
1) April 1, no answer, no answer, no answer - Sraika
1) March 31, 2) March 19, 3) March 23, 4) March 26 - Talonsbane
1) March 29, 2) March 23, 3) will not happen, 4) March 28 - Rear Intruder
1) March 30, March 20, wont be used, March 24 - Vouch - Wave 1 Correct
1- April 13th, March 23rd, Nope, March 30th - SullyQuindarius
1) April 13th, WNH, WNH, WNH - Sanzennin
1) Easter weekend (no date), same day, 3 days later, week after Easter - blind owl

Last edited:

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I'm gonna say April 1st for 3.1, because CIG are trolls.
I'm not going to guess the rest b/c i'm too lazy to figure it out, but let's say the week before release for all backers, and a few days before that for first/second wave, with maybe a day in between em so first wave feels special.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I'm gonna say April 1st for 3.1, because CIG are trolls.
I'm not going to guess the rest b/c i'm too lazy to figure it out, but let's say the week before release for all backers, and a few days before that for first/second wave, with maybe a day in between em so first wave feels special.
unfortunately, without specific dates, the only thing I can put is April 1 and no answer for the rest.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
1) Date or initial release of 3.1 to the PU - March 31
2) Date first wave of testers are invited to PTU - March 19
3) Date second wave of testers are invited to PTU - March 23
4) Date all backers are invited to PTU. - March 26

My reasoning behind these date guesses is simple, it gradually steps up the amount of people on the PTU servers for CIG to monitor while they sit around enjoying a cold beer watching us crazy TESTies manage to wreck the servers with various drunken games of Reclaimer jousting. If the claw functions as well, then we might end up seeing screenshots of a Reclaimer giving a Starfarer a cargo-oscopy. (Think colonoscopy for space ship cargo areas.)

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
1) Date or initial release of 3.1 to the PU - March 29
2) Date first wave of testers are invited to PTU - March 23
3) Date second wave of testers are invited to PTU - will not happen
4) Date all backers are invited to PTU. - March 28

All dates are in 2018 (I hope)
Is March 30th a public holiday in the US? In the UK March 30th and April 2nd are public holidays this year, so people may not want to be at work. Do CIG get double time on public holidays?

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
March 30th is a holiday for many, but not all here in the US. My wife is off that day, but I am not for instance.

April 2nd is not usually a holiday for any US worker. Those places that do have it, usually give up Good Friday for Easter Monday. However, most companies that give time off around Easter do so on Good Friday here.

Vouch

Commander
Feb 20, 2018
RSI Handle
Vouch
1) Date or initial release of 3.1 to the PU - March 30
2) Date first wave of testers are invited to PTU - March 20
3) Date second wave of testers are invited to PTU - wont be used
4) Date all backers are invited to PTU. - March 24

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That just raises the question, "Which do Canadian babies drink 1st, breast milk / formula OR maple syrup?" Given their personalities in general, it seems like a tie to me. Maybe both?
It was a close race between both boob juice and maple syrup. Maybe because the boob juice was maple flavoured. Who knows?

Forgot your password?