Predictions for the 'Game Changing' Ship?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Ben has said that one of the next concept sales(maybe gamescom?) will be a 'game changing' concept. What are your thoughts on it? Any info been thrown out about it? I admit I don't read spectrum so I miss anything from that.

My prediction is that it is some sort of construction ship that can built surface outposts and landing pads.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
My prediction is that it is some sort of construction ship that can built surface outposts and landing pads.
Bringing such a Ship -as much as I'd love to have one- would be one of the biggest mistakes they could make.

Regarding the Gamechanging Ship, I'd say it's mostly marketing at this point, as CIG has little to no clue about how actual Gameplay will work out.

It's definetely going to be released for Citizencon, priced well above 500$ and aimed at "enthusiasts".

Maybe something like a Carrier?

Capntal

Vice Admiral
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Capntal
If it's game-changing, it has to somehow throw a wrench into what we have now. What do we rely on right now that could be interfered with? Maybe something that flies differently? Something that can use a tractor beam in combat? Maybe something that can interfere with flight systems. I guess most of that sounds like parts and weapons more than a new ship.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I posted it will be a Nail transport, get you down to the surface in 90 seconds, or maybe do boarding like the Vanduul Spike. I was told that will never happen, that CIG said that no one, under any circumstances, will ever, EVER, get their hands on the ability to deploy troops by Nail. Then I asked what happens if someone captures a Vanduul ship that has Spikes, but I guess the question was too dumb to even get an answer.

Now, I'm getting a little worried that Ben was looking in a different direction and the next ship will be a 2947 version of the M1 Abrams and soon we'll be playing World of Tanks on the surface of Daymar. Wait, what would you transport the thing in? Ok, how about summoning it from a garage on Delamar?

Forgot your password?