PSA- BB CCUs are full price now.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
It is real everyone, no more price perks for old CCUs. BOOM.. no warning, CIG just stealth dropped the change without giving the community a formal warning so the community could have time to buy them back. They could have done a PSA to give "Hey everyone, this for sure will happen in February, get your CCU buybacks before then"

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Oh sheesh. Good thing I was paranoid since the beginning and haven't really kept my CCUs in buyback. Got them all sitting in my hangar.
And I mean, around new years token distribution I just managed to buy back my Arrow->Hull B $50 discounted CCU. Glad I managed to save that.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
From the FAQ:

"All buy back upgrades will be presented with the latest prices, not the price you paid when first buying it."

Think that about says it all.

I did most of my horse trading this past anniversary, so this only pinged my hangar on a Terriblepin > Redeemer CCU that wasn't going to be used anyway.

@Blind Owl please tell me you used, or at least kept in your hangar, that BMM ccu.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
In the grey distant past I have a recollection that their intention, due to the terms of Kickstarter saying continued crowd funding not being allowed after the launch of the product or some such clause, was to phase out the pledge store making it less and less viable to use to the point near launch you'd be daft to get a ship with cash rather than earning in game by playing until it closed at the end of Beta...

When $0 CCUs went, I wondered is it time? It wasn't, but am wondering again are we actually a bit closer to having a live release and this is the beginning of the pledge store being wrapped up?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
On a side note, it seems it DOES NOT affect oldest CCU (before what, 2019 included?).

I have a very old Taurus to Corsair in buyback, that if I want to repurchase is 65$, when it should be 25$, as it is for all my newest Taurus to Corsair CCUs stocked in buybacks.

It seems that the price of the starting ship for those old CCUs is still locked.

Edit : not very useful anyway 😉

1644997649035.png

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
When $0 CCUs went, I wondered is it time? It wasn't, but am wondering again are we actually a bit closer to having a live release and this is the beginning of the pledge store being wrapped up?
For every minute that passes, we're 30 seconds closer to the release. So we're like, half a bit closer to having a live release for sure.

• Glorious
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
can you post that here? i can't goto RSI site from work. were original concept ships also brought up in price to?
Sorry, didn't had the time to take a screencap, but I guess you already saw it at reddit.

We knew this could happen anytime and shouldn't be surprised, but can't wrap my head around the reasons to stealthy slip it into the FAQ instead of making an announcement.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
This is exactly why I stopped using CCU's a long time ago. I buy the ship melt the ship buy back the ship as i please.

Now if CIG made the buy back ships >> current prices - I think I'd probably get out of the game to be honest and just stick with a $40 beginner package - there were supposed to be massive benefits to being an early backer including getting cheap ships, and giving chris his first million, his first 10 million, his first 100 million, these benefits are being deleted one by one.

redcweed

Ensign
Feb 14, 2022
RSI Handle
planetwally
This hit me hard ... i just melted a 600i 2 days ago with the intention of building out 2 ships from it based in part on my buyback CCUs .... now that is no longer possible at the same price and i'm stuck with a lot of store credit as a result and no ship...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This hit me hard ... i just melted a 600i 2 days ago with the intention of building out 2 ships from it based in part on my buyback CCUs .... now that is no longer possible at the same price and i'm stuck with a lot of store credit as a result and no ship...
If you contact customer services they should be able to unmelt your 600i given the circumstances that there was no notice of the change, if indeed you still want that ship?

Reactions: StdDev
Forgot your password?