PSA - Vulture CCU's available for credits

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Just a friendly reminder for those wishing to make their RSI store credit balance stretch a little further:

The Vulture is likely to release around IAE with the traditional increase in price for a release, so the current $5 (credit) CCU from a Cutlass Red or a Freelancer DUR to a Vulture may be worth looking at, as it could be the last time you'll be able to CCU to it with credits at the current price... Once the price rises\release hits, your $5 credits spent on the CCU will be worth (in a chain) $5 plus however much the Vulture increases in price from the currrent $140 - If it goes to $150, the $5 CCU will be worth $15 to a chain, for example.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Update: It looks like there will be slightly more time to get your Vulture CCU's at IAE:
Corsair is still coming during the IAE (3.17.4). The Vulture will come with 3.18, to stay aligned with Salvage Gameplay.
Source: View: https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/1582611222213840896

Now I need to decide whether I buy back all the $20 Hurricane - Corsair CCU's in my buyback queue, or leave them there to permanently clutter it up while saving the money for IAE sales.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Corsair will probably increase by much more the standard rate for the ship in that range (25$).

It is "confirmed"/suggested the Corsair will now have a S3 shield instead of 2*S2 https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65294/thread/looking-at-the-components-in-the-cargo-bay/5404990

It has more firepower than an Aquila, slightly less cargo, can carry a rover (but no parasite ship), less agile than a Connie.

I do not see it jumping to 240 only. Andromeda is at 240, Aquila at 310, Corsair will be in between those 2 I bet.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Corsair will probably increase by much more the standard rate for the ship in that range (25$).

It is "confirmed"/suggested the Corsair will now have a S3 shield instead of 2*S2 https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/65294/thread/looking-at-the-components-in-the-cargo-bay/5404990

It has more firepower than an Aquila, slightly less cargo, can carry a rover (but no parasite ship), less agile than a Connie.

I do not see it jumping to 240 only. Andromeda is at 240, Aquila at 310, Corsair will be in between those 2 I bet.
Stop trying to make me use my 2 buy-backs for this quarter to reclaim a couple of those CCU's :)

I'm not too sure that the Corsair will actually jump to much more than $240 ("Standard" jump for the price range), as that would "technically"[1] make it $5 more expensive than the Aquilla with which it "competes" (You forgot to mention in the comparrison the scanner which the Aquila has in place of one turret, but which I don't believe the Corsair has)...

Unless the Corsair comes with some "addition" like a Mule or Ursa Rover as standard (This would be more likely a limited time "ship pack" available on release), the $235-$250 range is where it will probably land.

[1] The Aquilla in the store could be considered a $310 ship-pack (not to be confused with game packs) consisting of:
$x - Constellation Aquilla
$50 - Ursa Rover
$25 - P52 Merlin

With the pack cost of $310, that would make the price of the "standalone" Aquilla ship $235 (or just over $250 if you account for the 5% discount ship packs receive when available for purchase using credits - If it was only available for cash, that would instead have been 15%).

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

Doc Flanigan

Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Update: It looks like there will be slightly more time to get your Vulture CCU's at IAE:

Source: View: https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/1582611222213840896

Now I need to decide whether I buy back all the $20 Hurricane - Corsair CCU's in my buyback queue, or leave them there to permanently clutter it up while saving the money for IAE sales.
Seeing this got me very excited, until I realized I've somehow NOT bought a CCU to a Corsair. I have plenty of CCU's from a Corsair, but none to a Corsair. <sigh> Fleet planning is too hard for my ADHD brain, lol.

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Now I don't feel quite so bad about the 9 Hurricane - Corsair CCU's in my buyback queue (and one in hangar)...
Haha, you should see the hangar also ;)

The Corsair is (unfortunately) part of my chain for many builds, and I had to secure around 40+ credit CCU in 2021 for 400i Warbond CCU and old Scorpius CCU.

I bought back a dozen more yesterday to get some spares outside of those CCU chains.

I also have a few Warbond CCUs, need to find a good chain for them, but at least 2 will be for 2 CCUed Corsairs.

1666247693223.png

Reactions: Doc Flanigan

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Haha, you should see the hangar also ;)

The Corsair is (unfortunately) part of my chain for many builds, and I had to secure around 40+ credit CCU in 2021 for 400i Warbond CCU and old Scorpius CCU.

I bought back a dozen more yesterday to get some spares outside of those CCU chains.

I also have a few Warbond CCUs, need to find a good chain for them, but at least 2 will be for 2 CCUed Corsairs.

View attachment 23552
The most of a single type of CCU I have is 15 (I hate having to do each WB CCU on it's own rather than in stacks of 5 - invictus was painful earlier this year, and doubtless IAE will be as bad), and I'm fairly restrained in how many chains I have going (around 20, but there's a few more I'm thinking of adding), so I don't really need my surplus\buyback Hurricane-Corsair CCU's... I really need to work out a better tool for my chains - CCUgame is nice, but with so many chains on the go, it isn't too easy to update\rearrange chains to work out the best savings overall, or for specific ships without having to go and "recreate" each in turn.
I just made the unfortunate discovery that my Hangar CCU pile has almost made Concierge on its own.

Invictus earlier in the year gave me a number of $5 Hurricane-Defender CCU's, and I have an equal number of $5 Defender-Railen CCU's in buyback, so it's unlikely the Corsair will need to squeeze into my existing chains, outside the one CCU I have in my hangar to get a Corsair, but I might use my 2 buy-back tokens for the quarter to recover 2 more, and leave the rest to rot in the buyback pile: Chances are there'll be a WB CCU on offer at the Corsair's release that may have 10 years insurance as well - Unless the jump in price is more than around $20 (in which case, the "discount" price for WB CCU's may be higher).

I'm fairly sure you can say goodbye to the Corsair-Terrapin CCU's, too, BTW...

Reactions: vahadar

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I'm fairly sure you can say goodbye to the Corsair-Terrapin CCU's, too, BTW...
Oh obviously yes, in that case it is in hangar so price is "locked" with other CCUs to Corsair. I just needed some CCU to Terrapin, and at the time could not take some directly from hurricane or vulcan, because low on credit.

I am curious, if the price rise too much, will the warbond CCU they will offer at launch be at the current store credit price? It happened in the past when the warbond CCU offered was higher than the previous credit price.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
A friendly reminder that the Corsair is releasing in a few days (Most likely day 1 of IAE) with probable price increase, so if you have CCU's for it in your buy-back queue, retrieve the ones you want before then.

Forgot your password?