Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
All,

New computer built: check
Setup Sticks: check
Map buttons in SC: check
Setup PTT on throttle: fail

I can not for the life of me figure out how I can get PTT onto my throttle in SC. If I use Target I can map the PTT but it doesn't seem to be possible to use Target while using the ingame mapped settings. Meaning one button on my throttle is controlled by Target while the rest are controlled by the game.

Has anyone tackled this before? I refuse to be that "person" with an open mic and I do't want to take my hands from my controls to use my keyboard or mouse. With a Logitech stick this totally would not have been a problem and if I have to I will ditch the thrustmaster throttle and get a Logitech stick for the left so I can use the Logitech software; which seems to be infinitely better than Target.

thanks for any help and I apologise for missing flight school but I just couldn't get my PTT working.

cer

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
Discord as an admin
I bound a keyboard command to my joystick and then bound discord to the same keyboard command

Problem is when target profile is running the SC key bindings no longer work and if I stop the target profile from running then the button on the joystick no longer does the keyboard command.

I am more used to Logitechs software than this Thrustmaster Software.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
:beer:

Biggest problem with assigning a PTT in Discord is that Discord can not see difference in which hardware is which connected to computer..

FOR EXAMPLE we say I key the "Button 11" to PTT on my throttle stick...
And all my peripherals attached to computer have a a button 11...

T16000M right stick................. - Button 11
T16000M-Throttle stick............- Button 11
Logitech G27 Racing wheel.....- Button 11
T16000m left stick....................- Button 11
Thrustmaster MFD Left............- Button 11
Thrustmaster MFD Right..........- Button 11
...etc....

Discord only see ONE Button 11 and DO NOT recognize that there is 6 different peripheral ID or more that all have their own button 11..

So no matter which peripherals attached if I use Button 11 for PTT.. I can not use the Button 11 to anything else in any game..
Not on any of the sticks, throttles, MFD, button boxes, wheels... etc....
Since most game can tell the difference on what peripherals "ID nr. + Button nr." is used and Discord can't it cause a conflict in Discord/Games...

So to have a PTT on Discord you have to figure out that one button you do not need for anything else in any game on all your peripherals...

That is what causes most confusion and problem with the PTT in Discord that I know of, shore there might be more issues.
But as I see it this is the most major confusion/conflict problem in Discord PTT....

Cheers! :beers: :beer: :beers:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I bound a keyboard command to my joystick and then bound discord to the same keyboard command
Hmmm, strange, never thought about that option, I just bound PTT to my left pinky lever. Works perfect for flying, but when in a turret or FPS, I just don't have PTT under my hand. Your option means that you have to run Target to get PTT working.

Discord only see ONE Button 11 and DO NOT recognize that there is 6 different peripheral ID or more that all have their own button 11..
I never noticed that, but you are right, so my right pinky lever also can activate PTT

So no matter which peripherals attached if I use Button 11 for PTT.. I can not use the Button 11 to anything else in any game..
Since I never noticed it, it isn't such a big problem. My right pinky lever is to cycle counter measurements. Since I only briefly use my right lever to cycle, it means that I also activate talk in discord, minor issue. Now I have to check which switch it is on my throttle. If it has a toggle function bound to it, no issue :wink:

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
Yeah but the problem with running target is that you can't set all of the events that are enabled in game. For instance there is no way to use the below as you don't seem to be able to bind these exact actions in Target to a button. Unless you can do it in the script editor and that is way beyond my knowledge. It is sad really all of these actions are just events as far as I can tell and if you could just import these actions as events into target you would be good to go to map just about anything.

-<action name="v_strafe_lateral">
<rebind input="js2_rotz"/>

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I set up Discord to use left ALT key as PTT...
Using TARGET software I set the top button on my left T 16000m joystick to emulate the left ALT key..
Works perfectly.
I set up my TARGET with the help of YouTube videos by Trip Rodriguez (Dual Joystick setup)
works great!

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
I set up Discord to use left ALT key as PTT...
Using TARGET software I set the top button on my left T 16000m joystick to emulate the left ALT key..
Works perfectly.
I set up my TARGET with the help of YouTube videos by Trip Rodriguez (Dual Joystick setup)
works great!
So you have everything mapped in target and nothing in SC beyond x and y's I have been thinking my problems could go away if I drop the throttle and go with a second joystick as the inputs on a stick are different than a throttle and easier to map in target. As a throttle has the slider and rocker switch causing me the most problems.

Reactions: Mich Angel

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
So you have everything mapped in target and nothing in SC beyond x and y's I have been thinking my problems could go away if I drop the throttle and go with a second joystick as the inputs on a stick are different than a throttle and easier to map in target. As a throttle has the slider and rocker switch causing me the most problems.
It would probably be more accurate to say that I have everything defined in TARGET and then map those definitions in SC. My advice is.. spend an hour or so and watch the videos. If you like them then follow them.. I did it and I love my setup. Also .. since there are WAY too many buttons to memorize, I also use Voice Attack. You can map a function in TARGET and SC and also in Voice Attack.. but I find Voice Attack much easier to remember ie which f%king button arms missiles?.... Voice Attack is a simple "arm missiles"... much easier to remember :)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Since I never noticed it, it isn't such a big problem. My right pinky lever is to cycle counter measurements. Since I only briefly use my right lever to cycle, it means that I also activate talk in discord, minor issue. Now I have to check which switch it is on my throttle. If it has a toggle function bound to it, no issue
Yeah kinda like how I have it so it causes no issue in games when I need to use PTT :D

Reactions: Deroth and StdDev

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
Okay think I figured out what I'm going to do. Another joystick on the way and then I can get it working just the way I want with dual stick plus throttle :); because why not... If only I had the space for a sim pit, perhaps when the girls are gone to uni some day.

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
Okay after loads and loads and loads of reading I've managed to get it working.

Two joysticks PTT bound to a keyboard key on the joystick and all sorted out in game.

Now if I could only not suck at combat.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Okay think I figured out what I'm going to do. Another joystick on the way and then I can get it working just the way I want with dual stick plus throttle :slight_smile:; because why not... If only I had the space for a sim pit, perhaps when the girls are gone to uni some day.
ha ha, when my sisters went to college (as we say in the US), my dad began referring to their bedrooms as "Spare Bedroom #1" and "Spare Bedroom #2." Not sure that my mom was amused...

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Okay after loads and loads and loads of reading I've managed to get it working.

Two joysticks PTT bound to a keyboard key on the joystick and all sorted out in game.

Now if I could only not suck at combat.
Crash into the enemy ships instead of into whatever is in front of you and that should help with the combat part. I do have to ask though, why not just set up Discord to use the built-in vox or whatever it's called? The thing where it just transmits when you speak above a certain volume.

Reactions: Mich Angel

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated
ha ha, when my sisters went to college (as we say in the US), my dad began referring to their bedrooms as "Spare Bedroom #1" and "Spare Bedroom #2." Not sure that my mom was amused...
I've named mine office and arcade. The better half does not find this amusing and refers to them as their bedrooms for when they come home again... So I proposed to downsize to something with a bedroom and an office/game room :).

Crash into the enemy ships instead of into whatever is in front of you and that should help with the combat part. I do have to ask though, why not just set up Discord to use the built-in vox or whatever it's called? The thing where it just transmits when you speak above a certain volume.
I have a wife, two teenage daughters, two dogs, and a phone that seems to always ring. I can't stand listening to other peoples conversations and I surely don't want people to have to listen to mine. I suppose I come from an older generation where if you didn't use PTT many organisations/clans/corps or whatever would kick you and I've come accustomed to it.

Yes I could turn my mic off when the above sort of things happen but this could be just as annoying as using PTT

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I've named mine office and arcade. The better half does not find this amusing and refers to them as their bedrooms for when they come home again... So I proposed to downsize to something with a bedroom and an office/game room :slight_smile:.

I have a wife, two teenage daughters, two dogs, and a phone that seems to always ring. I can't stand listening to other peoples conversations and I surely don't want people to have to listen to mine. I suppose I come from an older generation where if you didn't use PTT many organisations/clans/corps or whatever would kick you and I've come accustomed to it.

Yes I could turn my mic off when the above sort of things happen but this could be just as annoying as using PTT
My PC is set up in my den so if my wife is home and watching TV you may get to listen in on whatever she is watching if I'm not careful with the settings. I was thinking of upgrading to the new version of the Corsair Void as they worked on the mic to make it more unidirectional. Luckily it has a mute button on the side of the headset that is big enough to just slap at when it starts to get too loud. Once 3.0 is available to all of us non-avacados then I will probably have to incorporate a PTT into my throttle map, or make a foot switch.

Forgot your password?