PTU 3.1.3 Up

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm, so what did they change? Add an extra frame for each second?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I would've rather taken that extra frame :D
But yeah, that's nice too.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
That doesn't look like the right version of the delta patcher for PTU. It should be V 1.0.1-ptu4

But 3.1.3 whatever build they put up today is running as smooth as a Sleeman's Cream Ale. FPS didn't drop below 38, i played for 3 hours, went all over the place in multiple ships. spent a total of idk, 17,000 auec, made a bit of that back running trade runs, trying to see what i could fit into what to maximize profit. drank two beers, burped a little, and it made me tired.

There was even a group of 5 or 6 at daymar trying to crash the server. I didn't give them any beer because it would make my router act weird.

Last edited:

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
That doesn't look like the right version of the delta patcher for PTU. It should be V 1.0.1-ptu4
Where do you download it? My instructions say...

1. Restart and log into your launcher as normal
  2. On the left hand side of the launcher, under the Star Citizen logo you will see a toggle for Live/PTU releases. Hit the switch for PTU! You will occasionally need to restart the launcher if the switch doesn’t appear.
  3. The launcher will then start downloading the PTU build. You're done!
Edit - Update - I resync'd my account and I got an updated reply
  1. Download and install the RSI PTU Launcher from this link.
  2. Login ID and the PTU Password you received to log into the RSI PTU Launcher.
  3. Install the game through the Launcher.
  4. Launch the game!

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Got in, smooth as silk. Took the Raven for a test drive... that was smooth as well. Didn't get disconnected once which was unusual. We'll see how it performs under a load.
GREAT!!!! It has crashed for me, there are few groups going around trying to instigate big "parties", which is really just combat, crashing a fully loaded Caterpillar into an asteroid, stuff like that. They've caused a few crashes. I'm not worried about it, because they're trying to get CIG to work on stability issues, and you can expect blowing up ships to be relatively common.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Build version in the PTU at this moment is 746531. it is highly suspect of containing an issue or two, I hope it is very short lived.
Other than I woke up in the same hab as someone else... on Levski and not Port Olisar, and couldn't rez ships.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?